Forum

1on1 cups

Created 8th November 2008 @ 18:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Asking about the scout cup, but i guess demoman cup applies as well.
Do we start scheduling the 1v1’s now, or are we waiting for etf2l to give us a signal and some rules/scorelimits? :)

I mean, I know the maps aren’t sorted yet exactly, but perhaps you could give us (now) a deadline/default date? :D

Extremer

It’d be nice to know if the demoman cup is nades only or not.

Rele

“It’d be nice to know if the demoman cup is nades only or not.”

+1

frooker

Why should it?

Rele

Because the whole cup would be “who uses his 8 stickies more efficiently?”

frooker

Not really. In many situations grenades are way more effective than stickies. You will have to use both weapons in order to succeed against strong opponents. I have yet to play a 1on1 where you don’t use your nades.

Rele

Hmm well I guess the idea with no-sticky was because everyone thought the cup will be played on duel_duel2 or duel_parallel where you wouldnt really need your nades.
Maybe on arena maps it wont become so spammy :P We’ll see

I thought the cup was nades only :P

Redman350

[FB]

yea it’s the main reason i entered :/

Rele

well:

http://etf2l.org/about/rules/#12

Redman350

[FB]

:(

Maybe we can have a gentleman’s agreement of no stickies? :D

GreenMan

vR

Would be nice to play with nades only :)

frooker

I fail to see the problem. Stickies are part of the class. Next you’ll probably want to restrict it to nades in regular games too.. :> Do you think the results will be of any great difference whether stickies are allowed or not? I can’t imagine so.

And don’t tell me you just entered because of “no stickies”. In that case you should consider joining the Scout Cup next time. ;)

GreenMan

vR

No I don’t join, because of “no stickies” and I don’t think that the results would be that much different as now ;)

It may be just a little bit more dramatic :>

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

If both opponents agree they can play without stickies of course, but in general we wont disable any guns in 1on1 cups.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »