Forum

TF2 Networking Problems?

Created 31st July 2010 @ 15:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Psyche

Basically, whenever I load up tf2 everything is fine. However, as soon as I join a server this happens:

– 60+ Loss
– Normal Choke
– Ping spikes up to 800

I’ve found restarting the router helps. Even disconnecting and reconnecting the internet cable helps, although not often.

This issue doesn’t ALWAYS happen when I play tf2 though and it only happens in TF2.
I’ve always had my ports open for tf2/steam and this started happening slightly pre-engi update (Yes, took me that long to make a post because it wasn’t unbearable as it is now).

Ideas?

Last edited by Psyche,

AnimaL

w7?

* Open regedit
* Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionMultimediaSystemProfile
* There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
* Reboot

Psyche

I’m running Windows XP. Windows 7 gives me even more problems (In other areas).

Last edited by Psyche,

AnimaL

i dunno whats the prob then, but if u got 3 or more cores, try managing hl2.exe affinity and disabling core0

Psyche

o_O? Actually I do have 4 cores but technically wouldn’t the problem appear earlier if that was the case? and won’t that lower my FPS?

AnimaL

it will increase ur fps, since windows uses core0 for anything, same as mumble, but tf2 needs only 2 cores

what im trying to do is leave system resources for 1st core and tf2 for 2-4th

tf2 can use 100% cpu so system resources can get stalled, not sure its the case for u, but got nothing else to offer :P

Psyche

Well it lagged like a bitch when I joined a server but then it just stopped as suddenly as it started. Don’t know. Anyway I’ll have to test this further.

iQue

keso

Common for a lot of people since the latest TF2 update. It has nothing to do with networking (other games will work fine as usual)

Haven’t tried looking for a fix since it almost seemed to go away of itself for me :S

AnimaL

ic

then its the server browser bug

basicly how to fix: open server browser>internet tab>stop refresh

Psyche

Quoted from AnimaL

ic

then its the server browser bug

basicly how to fix: open server browser>internet tab>stop refresh

This fixed it. thx

(What a retarded bug. Seriously? valvE failing hard)

Add A Reply Pages: 1