Forum

Weird "speedhacking" problem

Created 21st July 2010 @ 12:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1

PingWIN

its a ctrl+c ctrl+v from the steamforum (nobody answered :( )

Some days ago my computer got messed up (i don’t really know what happend). It’s always rebooted when windows started and the usb hardwares didnt wanted to work when something got pluged in when my computer booted up.

I decided to reinstall windows xp,but i still have the usb problem. It’s a bit annoying when i turn on my computer i always had to unplug and plug the (usb)mouse to work. I tried out other mouse maybe my mouse got screwed up but it had the same problem.
Well i was angry because the usb problem but i ignored it for a bit. I decided to play Team Fortress 2 but hey… steam clouds downloaded my old (some month old) configs so i had to redone my config files…great…

After that i played a bit but again something happend… When my fps went above 100 my character speed was too fast. As a heavy i ran the same speed as a scout or faster(Funny and weird at the same time).

Somebody told me that could be caused by a sv_******(no exploiting pal :P) command but i’ve never heard about that command. I tested it out when i didn’t had that weird speed and it suprised me the command and my problem nearly resulting the same.

The difference between the command and my problem is: when i’m using the command and i try to host a local game everything is going back to normal. But when i’ve got my unkown problem again and i host a local game server the whole game runs very fast (In-game 5 seconds= 1 second) and smoother

I remember a guy who had the same fast running problem and he’s problem got solved but i can’t find that thread. I hope someone can help me it’s a bit annoying when peoples think im speedhacking :

my system spec.:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64×2 (2x3GHZ)
Motherboard: MSI K9N Neo
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4850
(i think the others doesnt need for this problem)

ps: If my english is too bad then sorry about it :S

ps2: Could the motherboard cause these problems?

Last edited by PingWIN,

LikeThis

sv_benchmark i think, toggle it off then restart tf2.

PingWIN

not sv_benchmark command(s) :/

Last edited by PingWIN,

Add A Reply Pages: 1