Forum

PC freezes/bluescreens/random restarts

Created 1st July 2010 @ 18:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

n00ne

I checked that other web, from that I assume my pc is overheating. BUT!!!!! :FFFF It only restarts and gets bluescreens shortly after a boot when my pc has been off for the night.

It can’t be overheating when it gets that bluescreen just after a boot when it hasnt been used for 8-9 hours, but at the same time when I finally get the pc started, it goes for hours without any bluescreens.

I only have problems when booting or within the 5-10mins after the boot, if i get past that time then its fine and no crashes or anything.

Sparkles

Quoted from n00ne

[…]

The motherboard drivers have been working fine for well over a year, the nvidia drivers I never really updated them at all, and mouse drivers – also had setpoint well before the sudden crashes.

I think it’s the same problem of me, I must stay on old nvidia driver if not my pc freeze, I’m on the 176.05 of nvidia driver. This prolem reappears always when I update my graphic card, but idk why.

Sorry if bad english, I try to help for maybe found a solution to this problem.

n00ne

nvm, found it

Last edited by n00ne,

Sparkles

Ok, I wish it resolve your problem.

Last edited by Sparkles,

n00ne

Quoted from Sparkles

Ok, I wish it resolve your problem.

Installed ver 196.21, this was the last version that worked for me.
I successfully restarted a few times, atm looks like that worked.
If not, ill post back here in a while.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Spike Himself

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL = driver issue. 9 out of 10 times, anyway.

Figure out what recent changes you’ve made (new hardware? driver upgrades, etc?) and go from there.

Quoted from n00ne

nvm, found it

Quoted from n00ne

Installed ver 196.21, this was the last version that worked for me.

You’re welcome ¬¬

n00ne

So I’ve gotten rid of bluescreens by intalling older nvidia drivers, reinstalling windows one more time and installing motherboard drivers after.

I still get random restarts without any errors though and, rarely, complete pc frezes. I suspect it’s due to dust in my pc case, cause it’s getting higher temperatures than it usually does, so it restarts cause of overheating.
Gonna clean it sometime soon, hope that fixes everything.

Last edited by n00ne,

n00ne

Cleaned out the pc and booted with one of the sides still open. Turns out that one of the back ventilators isn’t spinning. I have one below my power supply, I guess it’s just unplugged.

Could that be the reason for those random complete pc freezes? Cause I’ve basically done everything I can: reinstalled a clean version of windows several times, reinstalled drivers and cleaned my pc from dust. If this doesn’t work, I don’t fucking know what to do next.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from n00ne

I don’t fucking know what to do next.

Quoted from Spike Himself

Sounds like bad RAM to me. If you have more than one stick in there, try with just one stick. Try all the different slots with all the sticks you have. Also try swapping it with different RAM.

karit

I really don’t think PC would randomly restart after 5-10 mintues, even if it has dust in it.
I would say probabbly faulty RAM or motherborad

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2