Forum

Werid Textures on items when using dxlevel 80/81

Created 13th June 2010 @ 14:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Erazed

[…]

I’m running it on an ATI 4670 with dx8 and i’m getting the “flame” textures.

Seems mainly to be occuring on shiny metal objects such as the pickelhaube and medals.

So it probably isn’t hardware or drivers then (or at least, not GPU related).

The fact that some people don’t get it using the same configs is a bit weird though.

Ijantis

was getting flame textures a while back with an ati

had to rollback drivers for a problem in quake and they disappeared

kim

idd.

Changing mat_specular used to do it for me, haven’t seen them in quite a while though.

Mark

Phase

It’s just a bug in the vmt files. Basically every hat has the following line:

"$detail" "effects/tiledfire/fireLayeredSlowTiled512.vtf"

It serves absolutely no purpose, but in DX8 mode, it sometimes gets called (pretty sure it’s to do with the specular or phong settings – hence it only happening with shiny items like the medic helmet and the badges).

If Valve want to fix it, they just need to comment it out on every hat vmt.

edit: here’s a pic http://i49.tinypic.com/s4wdgl.jpg the left picture has the default vmt, and the right picture has an edited vmt with the line commented out.

Last edited by Mark,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Mark

It’s just a bug in the vmt files. Basically every hat has the following line:

"$detail" "effects/tiledfire/fireLayeredSlowTiled512.vtf"

It serves absolutely no purpose, but in DX8 mode, it sometimes gets called (pretty sure it’s to do with the specular or phong settings – hence it only happening with shiny items like the medic helmet and the badges).

If Valve want to fix it, they just need to comment it out on every hat vmt.

edit: here’s a pic http://i49.tinypic.com/s4wdgl.jpg the left picture has the default vmt, and the right picture has an edited vmt with the line commented out.

That’s a bit silly, unless it serves some purpose (but I can’t imagine that it would).

Emailed.

JT

[MDRC]

So anyone got a fix for this yet?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2