Forum

Rage against the "X Factor"

Created 15th December 2009 @ 14:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

I feel sorry for people who give a shit. RATM are one of the greatest bands of the last 3 decades imo and killing in the name is a fantastic song.

However, really, 99% of music is utter shit. Music really only has 2 purposes.

1) To tell a story/convey an idea
2) To have a good time, dance to, etc,,,

The 2nd one, I can understand. That covers Pendulum, DJ music i suppose, happy hardcore, however while I hate the latter two, I can accept some people like it and fair play to them.

The first however, well, I refer this amazing song by a duo called “Dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip” to explain this. Listen to the words, please, actually think about them rather than taking it in passively. Chances are if you don’t like this, then you didn’t listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5LdYA0wef8

p.s. That group is amazing, i suggest checking up their other songs. ;)

p.p.s. Yes it is long, it doesn’t really start the main story till 0:55, but its well worth listening to.

Bottom line: Caring about the charts is entirely pointless, the most fine things are never truely appreciated by the majority.

EDIT: Here is also another, probably more relevant song by them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZikWfrGG9kU&feature=related

Last edited by Skyride,

fJack

k^m

good post skyride (fml I can’t believe I typed that)

n00ne

cheryl cole is hawt

DarK.

Of course caring about the charts is pointless but a victory for ‘proper’ rock over some pop drivel is worth it on this occassion. Shitting in Simon Cowels smug mouth is a bonus.

p.s. Quote from Simon Cowel
“It’s quite a cynical campaign geared at me which is actually going to spoil the party for these three. I also think it’s incredibly dismissive of the people who watch and enjoy the show… to treat our audiences as if they’re stupid and I don’t like that”

What an arrogant twat.

Last edited by DarK.,

Skyride

DUCS

DarK, if I genuinely thought it would happen, then sure, i’d happily buy 10 copies, but my point is it won’t for EXACTLY the reason it wasen’t Christmas Number 1 the year it was released, the fine things are never appreciated by the majority of people. For every 1 person you’ll find who thinks RATM are fantastic, you’ll find another 10 who genuinely believe DJ Rascal’s latest track is gods gift to the world of music and that it will go down as the greatest song in history.

Honestly, I go to a particularly bad high school and I have to deal with these people DAILY. However, could I point out this:

Simon Cowell works on behalf of Sony BMG when you look back all the legal crap. RATM were signed by a derivative company of Sony Music Entertainment.

So in other words, if your “fighting the power”, your an idiot, as either way, your money still ends up in the back pocket of Simon Cowells boss. ;)

But yes, Music should be music, if you bring politics into it in anyway rather by directly through the meaning of the songs, then you ruin the beauty of it.

Last edited by Skyride,

vlad_drac

xoxo

Pretty impressive that song. I give you kudos for it.

If we’re on a trip of linking obscurely brilliant songs, then i’m gonna link a guy doing a version of “Billie Jean”. He’s a street performer, he does quite well (the clothing is just part of an act), but i’ve never heard a more moving bluesy voice than his. I dunno, some people get it, some think it’s rubbish, but here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JghgJToVP00
If you can catch my drift with that one ^, try this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8MJ7wlPE2E&feature=related

On the other hand, if we’re talking generally about music quality, whilst thing song was really good, musically it was very basic, almost nothingy to me. The lyrics of course made it.

If you want to be stimulated lyrically and hear something musically genius as well, try out pink floyd. They are unbeatable, unparalelled. I was never much into music growing up, even to about 17, i only really liked the odd song here and there. When i discovered pink floyd, i was immediately hooked.

Heard comfortably numb first, liked it for a rocky tune. Listened to some more then – and the depth of their songs are just amazing, the wealth of emotions it can take you through.. dark side of the moon is an experience all in itself, get stoned (moderately tipsy will do) and listen to that album, you’ll go a distance i assure you… great gig in the sky, shine on you crazy diamond, time, echoes… beautiful.

Skyride

DUCS

Really liked that Vlad, the second song more so than the Billy Jean cover actually. tbh, this deserves its own thread, but the Videos section is too demeaning. :(

I have to say, I have never actually given Pink Floyd a proper listening. Probably because I have a friend who tends to find slightly better than normal music and vastly exaggerate how good it is, who likes them, him liking them tends to put me off any band.

_Ben

;?

you’ll find another 10 who genuinely believe DJ Rascal’s latest track is gods gift to the world of music and that it will go down as the greatest song in history.

who the fuck is DJ Rascal

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Woaah enough of the thaught provocking ball bags :p, thats fine in its own way, good music is not a fact its an opinion people like what they like.

This has nothing to do with that, or “lol omgz ur actlly givin simon cowel da muneys as RATM are sony!!11”

Its about x-factor being christmas number one for 5? years, and breaking the predictability with a bit of a fun campaign on facebook.
Wheres the harm? Theres no need to go deep into the thaught process behind it, there isnt one.

agron

Relic

Woaah enough of the thaught provocking ball bags :p, thats fine in its own way, good music is not a fact its an opinion people like what they like.

This has nothing to do with that, or “lol omgz ur actlly givin simon cowel da muneys as RATM are sony!!11”

Its about x-factor being christmas number one for 5? years, and breaking the predictability with a bit of a fun campaign on facebook.
Wheres the harm? Theres no need to go deep into the thaught process behind it, there isnt one.

ffs Tapley. THOUGHT…. THOOOOOOOUGHT.

DarK.

DarK, if I genuinely thought it would happen, then sure, i’d happily buy 10 copies,

RATM are currently winning.

This

Last edited by DarK.,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

ffs Tapley. THOUGHT…. THOOOOOOOUGHT.

Soz Agwon i thought i spelt it right

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Wdlwn

*some shite* your an idiot, *some more shite*

you’re

davesan

epx^
Panda

Pretty impressive that song. I give you kudos for it.

If we’re on a trip of linking obscurely brilliant songs, then i’m gonna link a guy doing a version of “Billie Jean”. He’s a street performer, he does quite well (the clothing is just part of an act), but i’ve never heard a more moving bluesy voice than his. I dunno, some people get it, some think it’s rubbish, but here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JghgJToVP00
If you can catch my drift with that one ^, try this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8MJ7wlPE2E&feature=related

On the other hand, if we’re talking generally about music quality, whilst thing song was really good, musically it was very basic, almost nothingy to me. The lyrics of course made it.

If you want to be stimulated lyrically and hear something musically genius as well, try out pink floyd. They are unbeatable, unparalelled. I was never much into music growing up, even to about 17, i only really liked the odd song here and there. When i discovered pink floyd, i was immediately hooked.

Heard comfortably numb first, liked it for a rocky tune. Listened to some more then – and the depth of their songs are just amazing, the wealth of emotions it can take you through.. dark side of the moon is an experience all in itself, get stoned (moderately tipsy will do) and listen to that album, you’ll go a distance i assure you… great gig in the sky, shine on you crazy diamond, time, echoes… beautiful.

you should go see the australian pink floyd tribute band, theyre playing at the O2 next year (yes theyre that good) they played at Wembley this year and The Royal Albert Hall last year

see http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

Last edited by davesan,

vlad_drac

xoxo

My brother’s seen them, told me i should go as well.

Don’t pay much attention to this “omg opinions!!!!” card being played by the nanny brigade. When you find a piece of music (or pieces of) that speak to you on a higher level, then you’ve found some sweet music. It doesn’t happen every day, so savour it, and look down on those poor dj rascal peons from your mighty perch. They’ll probably never realise that lyrics could suggest a high concept. Probably think a high concept is something to do with impregnatin’ a bitch whilst you’re stoned.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »