Forum

BNC's

Created 5th December 2009 @ 22:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

So I just realised that my server is only ever using a fraction of the bandwidth it has available.

So who wants one?

adam-skyride or adam-BNCride on #etf2l or #px-gaming

;)

p.s. Only ask if you actually, regularly use IRC. I don’t mind giving out lots. Its just its a waste of resources on my server to have it sitting with 50 accounts idling in like 10 channels each if the owner only logs on like once a week.

Last edited by Skyride,

tragett

<3 adam

randa

yesh please what irc chan you in ill pm you xx

edit : just read it all :D

Last edited by randa,

Skyride

DUCS

After speaking to some of the lovely chaps on quakenet staff, I’d very much appreciate if you could idle in #skyridebncs if you want/have a BNC from me. Apparently I need to have a channel for my BNC server so meh, hardly a massive hardship. :)

ilike2spin

RLM

Someone explain to me what they do, I don’t understand them.

Memento Mori

I think its an answermachine?

demsii

EPA

You stay on irc even when you have closed your client, basicly.

You ==> BNC ==> irc server

where BNC ==> irc server are always connected as long as the bnc service is running, unless they get g-lined or the service suffers a down time. (read, timeout, server update which requires downtime etc)

Last edited by demsii,

Edd

T2P

Idling there now mate, +v? :D

Squeak

Means people can’t bitch about you without you knowing! Although I think it only keeps 500 lines or something logged?

DominiX

sP.

It keeps only PM’s afaik, no highlights on idled chanels, or maybe I’m wrong? Would love to have one – will contact you :)

n00ne

It keeps only PM’s afaik, no highlights on idled chanels, or maybe I’m wrong? Would love to have one – will contact you :)

It also keeps 400(it’s changeable) lines of text from any channel you’re idling on.

Skyride

DUCS

Means people can’t bitch about you without you knowing! Although I think it only keeps 500 lines or something logged?

Ye, pretty much. I just set it to 500 lines when i make the accounts but you can change it to whatever you like in the admin panel. :)

It keeps as much previously said in a channel as you tell it to. Not just PM’s. Thats the playback buffer Squeak was talking about. :)

Anyway, I have some bad news. It seems im going to have to wait a while to get trusted host status, might take up to a couple of days so I can’t give out anymore BNC’s till then. In the meantime, just idle in #skyridebncs and let me know via PM that you’d like a BNC and i’ll set it up as soon as i get trusted host status. ;)

SamurAi

any choices of vhost ?

and how reliable they will be ?

Last edited by SamurAi,

Skyride

DUCS

any choices of vhost ?

Yup, can do no problem. :)

and how reliable they will be ?

My box gets a restart once every 2 months. Besides that, pretty much constant uptime.

Last edited by Skyride,

Cycles

lolwow

I still never got the point of BNCs. If you’re not there, why pretend to be there? The logging PM bit is sorta handy, but most messages I just get are “cycles, u there?” IRC is a form of communication where people expect to be able to communicate instantly (hence the ‘I’).

That said, I still run a BNC for myself. Hypocrit much? :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »