Forum

2012?

Created 15th November 2009 @ 18:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Tankkiller

Yeah, lets all jump on the “The movie sucks and its mainstream” bandwagon. I just came back from watching it and I must say I thought it was quite good. Of course the theory of an apocalypse is utter crap, but I found the character quite intriguing. There are still people who can enjoy an arrogant russian oligarch which acts like a bourgois changing into a careing father and saving his children at the end of the story.
There were several scenes that made you think deeper about all of this. In the beginning, it made you think of ethics. Who does really deserve to live, who doesnt. Why does a 60 year politician deserve to live, a young worker in his thirties doesnt. So if you have slightest interests in Philosophy you will really enjoy the film.
Those that are looking for a deep story will be dissapointed. To say it once more. It’s not about telling an epic story, but an mind experiment à la “what if…” and its consquences.

This is an Emmerich pic your talking about…
The sob that turns into a loving man has been done so many times, it’s not even funny anymore. If you honestly want to think about characters, try something like Memento.

It’s not meant to be funny. It’s meant to be tragic. Of course it has been done before, but that can’t be the reason for not liking anything that has been done before. A father who saves his children never gets boring, unless you dont give a damn about it. And if that is the case…well, you’re not worth being a father ever…

Randdalf

(0v0)

I enjoyed the destruction, I enjoyed the rampage, I enjoyed the giant nuclear exploding volcano, I just didn’t enjoy the overly silly plot. Just wish they spent more time blowing stuff up than standing screaming in a puddle of water.

I also thought that they kind of forgot about… you know, the 7 billion people who died in it at the end. Making it out to be a happy ending was a bit too much.

It might have been a bad film, but it was an enjoyable one :)

Last edited by Randdalf,

baerbel

trick17
trick17

i fell asleep watching it

xtala

It’s not meant to be funny. It’s meant to be tragic. Of course it has been done before, but that can’t be the reason for not liking anything that has been done before. A father who saves his children never gets boring, unless you dont give a damn about it. And if that is the case…well, you’re not worth being a father ever…

Lolwat?
I’m not worht being a father because I don’t care about a situation in a film, which has been done before & much better?

alfa

Lolwat?
I’m not worht being a father because I don’t care about a situation in a film, which has been done before & much better?

Yeah seems that these days we must belive and like shit movies to be normal people!

AnimaL

cant say it wasnt a good movie unless ur expect truth from movie that says u gonna die in 2012 jus cuz some emo anciant ppl told us so :P

too fucking short… spent 2hrs watching how south pole changed locations to north america and then everything went ok in 10min???? WTF?!?!?!

7/10 overall, very enjoyable and had a nice laugh couple of times for epic unreal moments :D

Last edited by AnimaL,

emsii

DUMB, Cheesy as hell, john cusack’s worst movie, the kids CAN’T FUCKING CRY!1
that pissed me off!! the whole fucking world is falling apart and the kids can’t show it on their mothafucking faces..

and againn= CHEESY

worst movie I’ve seen
don’t watch it unless special effects give you a boner..

Last edited by emsii,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3