Forum

headsets

Created 4th October 2009 @ 01:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Absolute

I have had the fatal1ty gaming headset twice in a row now, because I thought it was great. My 2nd just broke after 2 months, and I’m pissed off. It’s only £30 though, so I might just buy another one.

Anyone think it’s worth going for a razer headset USB so I don’t have to constantly replug and unplug my headset game after game? I can’t use the front port because I don’t use onboard sound, and I haven’t researched how to connect my SB X-FI to the front ports etc.

Shall I just buy another fatality and wait for it to break or invest in a £60-70 razer/decent brand?

~ Discuss!

Psyche

I got a razer, it’s nice, good quality and really well made, never had any problems with it.

That’s all I can tell you really :>

xtala

Grab a screwdriver and connect your soundcard to the frontpanel.
Should be 15min max including research.

infussle

steel series sib

Skyride

DUCS

Grab a screwdriver and connect your soundcard to the frontpanel.
Should be 15min max including research.

+1

Although I have a Speedlink 5.1 surround headset. You don’t really appreciate how awesome surround sound is until you have it. :)

Last edited by Skyride,

fJack

k^m

i’ll be watching this thread. i hadn’t spent more than a fiver on a headset (literally) before I bought a sennheiser pair, and the difference in sound quality was immense. i’m tempted to upgrade again because i’m sure there are even better examples of audio fidelity, these were only about £40 (don’t laugh – i’m a student and poor).

i’ve heard good and bad things about razer, but mostly the people who own them seem to rate them well.

Steelseries 5H.

I don’t know what I can say to convince people but the 5H is the best headset ever in it’s price-range, the fatality licks donkey crotch in comparison. Most comfortable, great sound (esp. for tf2, you will never get backstabbed again), great mic….but its not great for music. Oh noes.
Been hyping the 5H ever since mine broke (it was so comfortable that I fell asleep wearing it), it’s just that good. If I wasn’t so fixated on females I’d masterbait to 5H reviews.

It’s so light, so comfy, you’ll never look back. Unless of course you enjoy having your ears crippled by pieces of shit (which is likely since you had 2 fatalities =p).

I also plan on getting the steelseries logo tattooed on my forehead.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

for science

I would recommend getting a decent soundcard (sb x-fi is fine so just get it fitted) and a set of good binaural headphones,

Your price range at £30 would be the Goldring DR150s.
If you really want to splach out look at the sennheiser HD555s ~£60 or even HD595s ~£90. (Or even Audio Technica AD700s :D but they’re expensive-much).

You really can’t beat a decent set of headphones, most gaming headsets really aren’t all that and are overprice for the quality and the durability. I would put money on the Goldring DR150s beating gaming headsets in a blind-hearing-test for similar price ranges.

Oh and since you’ll need a mic, the Elera clip on mic is decent enough, but has some issues picking up too much. The Zalman ZM-Mic1 should be looked at – but I can’t vouch for it as I haven’t tried it.

Last edited by for science,

exm

Although I have a Speedlink 5.1 surround headset. You don’t really appreciate how awesome surround sound is until you have it. :)

I would appreciate it, believe me. But that headset is insanly expensive (I know you get insane performence also…), so I had to settle with some cheap SpeedLink Medusa 2.1 headset. The quality for that price is quite good (although a bit meh compared to all those expensive ones) and mic is actually better than you would expect. Also they are really comfortable, never get my ears hurt even after 5h+ of gaming.

BTW I have tried Razer 3H and 5H (only for few minutes) and I can say that 3H is best you can get in price/performance department. I actually havent noticed any difference in sound quality between them and both are really great at everything (not sure about the mic though, but common, its RAZER!). I wanted to buy myself Razer 3H, but there are no such headset in my country and ordering from razer is too expensive (30 euros for delivery… thx but no thx).

Last edited by exm,

myNax

I’ve got the same problem. Had a Fatality and it broke. So now I don’t know if I should buy the 5H v2, Siberia or PC161 :s
5H v2 : Apparently, the gaming sound is okay, but not enough bass for music. Also, the mic seems to be kinda low in mumble/vent etc.
Siberia : Good sound, but I’m not sure with the seperate mic…
PC161 : dunno about that one. They say it has got good sound an nice mic, but not very comfi (expecially for wearers of glasses)

I think I’m going with the 5H.. I’m not sure though..

Anathema

Since you have an actual soundcard I recommend a sennheiser.
Either the HD555 (~100 euro), or the HD595 (~160)
Personally own the latter and the sound quality compared to the fatality (which I had before) is immense. You’ll enjoy it ;)

n00ne

I’ve got a cheap ACME HH02 http://www.bestpc.lv/images/photos/027907/1.jpg
Have had it for about 5-6 months and it’s still working perfectly.
It’s really about how you treat your hardware imho, not what brand it is.

Btw , I’ve had a few expensive headsets aswell , and it always comes down to the mic , the wireing or w/e is causing it to break.

I’d suggest you buy expensive headphones without a mic , and get a cheap table mic. That’s what i did , saves alot of problems.

Morty

RG

Steelseries siberia or siberia v2.

Mads.

Sennheiser PC151 off ebay or something :P I bought mine when it come out and I still have it now its awesome
Mic quality is great and music sounds nice on it

agron

Relic

holy shit that fatality set is baaaad imo. I thought I broke my siberia neckbands, went and bought a new set, only thing the store had in…store was those fatalities. Crap crap crappety crap. Then i noticed next day that i had just pulled the plug off a bit and there was nothing wrong with the siberias so i ditched the fatality set.

Cool story aggers.

anyway, Steelseries 5hv2 are awesome imo. The regular siberia set (not neckband) has better shape n stuff, and better sound qualities imo than 5hv2 but i hate the seperate mic. Can’t ever place it in a proper place. :/

5hv2 ftw.

Last edited by agron,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »