Created 22nd August 2009 @ 20:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

julieN1

cQr

my P4 3.4Ghz pwn you all.

wOlliee

ive got a budget of 400-450 so i cant really get a i7

xtala

Your right, your old E8600 aswell as my i7 both hit top performance on tf2. I only use it, like you assumed… for a lot more than just tf2. Like video rendering and other games etc. And it’s not like the i7 is that expensive… it’s only 239 or something. Except for that… when you need a new pc you will focus on the future also… I can now say I’m safe for the next 3 years in whatever I want to do.. that is for me the most important reason in my setup. I don’t want to hit any obstacles etc i just want everything on max setting and never worry about anything the next 3 years… Well if you can afford it why not realize it. And yeah.. I understand not all people are multitaskers… but I like to play some warcraft 3 tower defense games in alt tab during tf2, listen to music or having a music video on the background which only provides music ( and ofcourse the irc and mumble crab but those aren’t really hitting on your cpu. And I can do that so fucking fast right now…

I can do the very same things with an E6750 @3.2Ghz, @100fps stable (capped)
Multitasking is not just having tf2 + irc + browser + all but resource demanding 7 year old game tbh.

Pyle

yeah yeah yeah… but if you buy a pc you’re not gonna buy an old E serie. At least, I’m not.

eoN^

yeah yeah yeah… but if you buy a pc you’re not gonna buy an old E serie. At least, I’m not.

Why not? What would you buy?

Then compare prices and performance :p

toasty.

PHX

Out of interest. When is the next good time to be buying hardware, price wise?

eoN^

Out of interest. When is the next good time to be buying hardware, price wise?

When the recession ends?

toasty.

PHX

I really meant when will be the next time the older stuff stuff drops in price as the new comes out?

iQue

keso

Stuff usually drops in price after christmas, especially as there’s tons of new hardware coming out in the autumn and early winter.

toasty.

PHX

Thank you.

xtala

October should be good I guess, for a number of reasons:
Official release of Win7 (22th if I’m not mistaken)
ATI’s 5-series (no date yet)
And I think i5 should be available, but I’m yet to see a reliable benchmark (mostly due to me being lazy ^^)

wOlliee

I just looked at the Recommended system requirements and here – Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000. and i have a Pentium 4 Processor @ 3.3GHz and 1GB RAM and a DirectX9 g-card so whats the problem? :/

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Recommended doesn’t mean it will run smoothly, it will run without turning your computer off and fucking you up. I already explained this to you :|

aksu

My fps is always about 50-100 no matter what graphical settings I use. I’m using m0re’s fps config but I’d still have the same fps if I had maxed my graphic settings. I have athlon x2 5600+ 2,9 ghz processor and though it’s not a beast I still don’t get what bottlenecks my fps since my hardware should be just fine:s tf2 is just pretty poorly optimised for dual core processors.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3