Forum

Internet Help

Created 26th June 2009 @ 21:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Hey guys,

I currently have a decent connection but the problem is it is currently being shared with around 40 other people. This means that it is very inconsistent and lags alot. This is no real problem as I’m only home for 3 months of the year and then I’m back off to uni.
However it’s unplayable and these 3 months at home are my main gaming months as I have tons of free time, no easily accessible social areas and because I need to work for money.

I was wondering if anyone could link me to a decent provider. What I need:

– a connection good enough for 1 person who mainly uses gaming – bandwith for ventrilo/mumble, irc and game servers
– cheap – I am just a poor student :(
– no long monthly contracts – hopefully just a monthly contract as I’ll only be using it for 3 months
– United Kingdom / England / Rugby / Warwickshire

I live in the countryside so that could be an issue.

Cheers!

Netsky

deleted your old topic + renamed this one
– can’t help as I’m not from uk ;(

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

cheers ta

fJack

k^m

i’m in the warwickshire area and i’ve found be* to be the best. really depends on how close you are to your exchange and whether or not they’ve unbundled their own cables instead of you having to use bt’s 19th century copper :[

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

where u from profuse :o

KOVACS

adsl24 or be*

If you can’t afford be* go for O2, esp if you have an O2 mobile it’ll be considerably cheaper. It’s the same network as Be*
Not sure about contract terms/length but worth checking on your own.

fJack

k^m

adsl24 or be*

If you can’t afford be* go for O2, esp if you have an O2 mobile it’ll be considerably cheaper. It’s the same network as Be*
Not sure about contract terms/length but worth checking on your own.

yeah kovacs you just reminded me, i’m actually signed up on o2 but as you say it’s the same network as be*.

and gibbz i’ve lived in a few different places around the west midlands, at the mo’ i’m about a 2 minute drive from warwick uni.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

oh shit by cannon park? That’s where my aunt lives lulz.

Oggy

http://www.aquiss.net/

monthly contract

Add A Reply Pages: 1