Forum

Small Warning

Created 12th June 2009 @ 07:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

cook

FB

FPSBanana was reported as an attack site about a month back, and since then I got attacked with a small bit of spyware, easy, no problem, but today it shutdown my PC, and attempted to install a worm onto it. Thankfully, I shut it down as soon as I saw it trying to do this, manually, then when I started back up, my anti-viruses and spyware programs had already blocked it, windows said it was a High risk worm called Windows32.bolgorn or something, anyways, just a heads up, do NOT use that site, at all. I didn’t even have to download anything, simply visit the webpage and you’ve got the worm.

I’m still trying to remove it, it’s trying to disable my downloads and firewall, but thankfully i’m no dumbshit. I will pwn it.

EDIT:
Since saying this, it has cut off explorer.exe and now the only thing I can do is type here. :D

EDIT2: I tried to run a virus scan, and immediately upon quarantining the high risk items, my PC blue screened. When I restarted, steam and my virus program were uninstalled. :L

EDIT3: It also uninstalled SpybotS&D, which had been on my PC for about 3 years. R.I.P.

Note:
I managed to re-download and disable the final trojan installed, the other 2 worms disappeared during the blue screen. All you have to do is DL the latest spybot, click tools on advanced mode, and then startup options, and disable ctfmon.exe, the trojan can then be removed automatically by anti-virus.

A 2nd high risk trojan was installed in a hilariously stupid place, Application Data, in /Google, in a Application i’ve never dled before, making it painfully obvious. Deleted the .dll file there, and then was able to delete the trojan.

Memento Mori

Yeah, that site is f-ed up. TBH its been slow and full of crap since it changed to FPSBanana

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

ave it cook, drop it to the floor!

I don’t really use FPSBanana much, can only say I’ve ever only downloaded freight/labor from there, and thats about it.
GL on removing that worm – seems to have done some damage :o

drleånn

Thats the BNC for ya c00k <3 Hope you'll get this fixed asap, and thanks for the heads-up on not using fps banana

gryzor

Funny how these things never happens to us firefox-users <3

flushy

P.O.P

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.5b4/releasenotes/

newest firefox apparently its better than the other betas…

xtala

You might want to try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
It’s a neat little tool that seems to find everything, saved me/people I helped from a few formats already.

Brutallus

Thx for ze warning cook, and go get them virusses tiger!

cook

FB

I am a firefox user, fyi.

This may sound odd, but I think it’s only on certain user submissions you can get the viruses. Just don’t click the recently made ones, they will fux you up.

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Orly?

Gryzor doing his bit to help again. Nice.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Gryzor doing his bit to help again. Nice.

Gryzor for president tbh.

antyjc

2ne1

firefox saved me :(

i tryed to go on and it told me it was a reported site, big red sign, and told me not to go on. so i didn’t.

<3 firefox

You might want to try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Yeah helped me too with some weird trojan I caught on a website the other day.

Qun

GoT<3

Found trojan at: Cinstal.exe :(

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »