Star Wars: The Force Awakens HYPE

Created 20th October 2015 @ 17:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

The problem with the saber fights in the prequels is that they are over-choreographed. They’re visually impressive, but they don’t tell a story the same way the fights in the original trilogy do. Look at the way Vader casually fights one-handed at the start of the duel in Empire, and then the speed with which he ends the fight after Luke actually gets a hit in. Look at Luke’s loss of temper in Jedi when Vader threatens to turn Leia. Then compare Obi-Wan’s supposed loss of temper after Qui-Gonn dies, and the sterility of the fight that follows.

I agree the atmosphere in the original series was much better, but in general I loved the fights in the prequels. But the action sequences do not make up for all of the bland acting, horrible plot sequences, terrible story telling and Vader yelling “NOOOOOOOO”.

Goreston

Quoted from RTC

Most people don’t seem to have any major qualms with the first Matrix movie, even though both Episode 1 and The Matrix were released in the same year and suffer from the same kind of issues. The difference I feel between them is that people thought Star Wars had to match up to a pre-established tone from the originals, and the fact that they didn’t do it means that it got labelled as a failure. The Matrix didn’t have that issue, and it was only during the later films that people began to catch onto the flaws that were always present in the first movie, just on a lesser scale.

I don’t think that’s fair. The first Matrix film still stands up really well, partly because of the way they mixed practical effects with CGI, and partly because the story is straightforward and internally coherent. It was a victim of its own success, in that the story at the end of the first film is complete. They turned what was originally supposed to be a stand-alone film into a trilogy, and abandoned both the rules of the matrix and the practical effects along the way.

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Quoted from Clark

I’m a big fan of SW Universe

High five :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3