Forum

Any Chance To Play MGE in LAN without dedicated server?

Created 23rd May 2014 @ 16:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Bery

Seizs
LoL

so, if i have 2 pc and a lan cable, can i install MGE mod somehow in my tf2 to play it locally without making dedicated server?
i need this, please.
thanks

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I think you need a crossover cable or a router first?!

Sash

PF

Quoted from Admirable

crossover cable

90s much? This isn’t neccessary anymore and every LAN-cable should do.

Bery

Seizs
LoL

i can play with this 2 PCes on 1 server, i just create and join from LAN tab, but cant play MGE on it

Sash

PF

This should work: http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1w6yr1/mge_on_a_local_server/

AnimaL

prolly easier to just connect both pc’s to internet (router/switch/modem if possible) and start server one one of them, it will still show server on lan on 2nd pc

installing mge is same as installing it on dedi server, you just have to put mge files and sourcemod/metamod in ur tf2 dir instead of dedi server directory

Last edited by AnimaL,

Bery

Seizs
LoL

Quoted from AnimaL

prolly easier to just connect both pc’s to internet (router/switch/modem if possible) and start server one one of them, it will still show server on lan on 2nd pc

installing mge is same as installing it on dedi server, you just have to put mge files and sourcemod/metamod in ur tf2 dir instead of dedi server directory

i dont get the concept. i have done the 2nd, like putting sourcemod and metamod in my tf folder, but why its needed to connect them intro internet?

AnimaL

You don’t need to connect them to internet. Just saying it would be easier to connect them to router instead of directly to each other. Since to directly connect them you would need to setup ip adresses while router would do that for you. If you already have working lan then nvm that bit.

also yes, the host needs -insecure launch option to be able to start plugins like metamod sourcemod etc

Last edited by AnimaL,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Sash

90s much? This isn’t neccessary anymore and every LAN-cable should do.

Incredible! This is the breakthrough I’ve been waiting for :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1