Forum

Internet Providers

Created 5th September 2013 @ 02:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

EmilioEstevez

GG

If you want to stream you will have to cap your upload at 1800kb/s max as anything over that will trigger the throttling over 2hrs on Virgin.

In all honesty I don’t notice the difference between say 50Mb and 100Mb download much, but I really notice the upload throttling when I want to stream at good quality. I think Sky or BT offer a 50Mb+ truly unlimited package and if you can get that you should.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages?infinity=yes

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Droidster

tavi

Holy shit not plusnet, they have been the bane of my internet life for the past few years. It varies between days but sometimes my internet will just disconnect for a minute or something and come back on, the speeds I get are pretty bad and when they sent an engineer to try and fix it nothing happened. plsno

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Had Virgin, they were really good at first, no issues at all. However their speeds became increasingly shit, got to a point where I couldn’t even watch YouTube videos and had to wait for them to buffer, any streaming media was awful.

Switched to BT and it’s been awesome, good consistent service.

In terms of customer service BT are a lot better, technical support is better and I don’t have the “Urgh, I have to ring them.” kinda attitude that I had with VM.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2