Forum

So I wanna kill my GPU...

Created 8th December 2012 @ 18:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Take off the cooler, clean up all the cooling paste, put the cooler back on.

And “the man” wont notice that?

Slliter

Quoted from sgN^

[…]
And “the man” wont notice that?

Afther the card is burned just rub some paste on it, make it look like it was always there.

Spike Himself

TC

I once took all the cooling components off a motherboard, wiped it all clean, applied my own thermal paste, and then it didn’t work anymore. Got it replaced by warranty :)

sgN^

TKN

I once took all the cooling components off a motherboard, wiped it all clean, applied my own thermal paste, and then it didn’t work anymore. Got it replaced by warranty :)

Was thinkin that I would flash the gpu, turn the computer off while updating the GPU in bios.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from sgN^

[…]

Was thinkin that I would flash the gpu, turn the computer off while updating the GPU in bios.

I don’t think flashing attempts are covered by warranty though.

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

this thread is hilarious.

AnimaL

Rofl, try to put the pcie bus at stupid speed in bios or overvolt it but while its good way to kill gpu i wouldnt want to stand near it

Maybe electro static discharge might be better idea

Last edited by AnimaL,

sgN^

TKN

[…]

I don’t think flashing attempts are covered by warranty though.

Yeah, but how can they tell? Was just gonna say something like: yeah the fans just went in to overdrive when i was gaming, the pc shut itself off and now it wont start again with the card connected.

alba

duplo

Quoted from AnimaL

Maybe electro static discharge might be better idea

i agree, charge up and put your hands all over the card

sgN^

TKN

Wish I had a few balloons to try that shit out.

Bury.

internecine

Why don’t you just explain to said company that the replaced card isn’t an acceptable replacement for your needs, and get one that is.

You will surely get the karkland.

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Bury.

Why don’t you just explain to said company that the replaced card isn’t an acceptable replacement for your needs, and get one that is.

You will surely get the karkland.

There’s nothing wrong with the card I got as a replacement, I wanna completely kill off one of my GTX 480’s, the one that I have left that they couldnt find an issue with.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from sgN^

[…]
There’s nothing wrong with the card I got as a replacement, I wanna completely kill off one of my GTX 480’s, the one that I have left that they couldnt find an issue with.

I think he meant tell them the card they sent as a replacement isn’t the model you require, regardless if it works or not.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Double post D’:

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

I think he meant tell them the card they sent as a replacement isn’t the model you require, regardless if it works or not.

Why? It’s not the card I want to get rid off?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »