Forum

arma II (DayZ)

Created 6th June 2012 @ 12:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Heres a guide that shows you 3 different ways of installing depending on if you have the combined operations pack, or arma 2 and arrowhead seperatly or arma 2 (free) and arrowhead seperatly.

http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html

Basically the cheapest way of playing dayz is the 3rd option on that website, getting the free version of arma 2 from steam and buying operation arrow head then following the instructions with the dayz updater etc.

Only downside to free arma 2 is no HD skins and a few sounds are a bit worse, but i havnt noticed any difference.

So uh.. I have to download ARMA II Free from steam and then what?

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from alien`

So uh.. I have to download ARMA II Free from steam and then what?

Buy Arma2: Operation Arrowhead?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Forsak3n

[…]
Buy Arma2: Operation Arrowhead?

Indeed.

New dayz patch just came out and new survivors dont even start with a gun ;/ seems a bit lame.

severus

burn

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Indeed.

New dayz patch just came out and new survivors dont even start with a gun ;/ seems a bit lame.

Seems more realistic tbh, isn’t that what the mod is suppose to be..

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from severus

[…]

Seems more realistic tbh, isn’t that what the mod is suppose to be..

No more realistic than starting with bandages :p. Having played it a bit more, it is annoying but makes finding guns a lot more rewarding.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Realistic or not, when I spawned I walked right into another player with a crossbow who tried to kill me. I only narrowly won, it would’ve been pretty frustrating to die immediately because I had no way to fight back.

FireStorm

-9m-

Maybe it will stop people deathmatching in Cherno and Electro, no morphine is a harsh one as well hope you don’t have any trips or falls.

And ffs, never fire a lee enfield unless you want a opening scene of 28 days later on your hands.

toasty.

PHX

I’m sticking with the previous version (spawn with gun etc) until they iron out the buggy zombies. It does sound quite fun running around into buildings etc though.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

still having issues getting the fucking thing working, rofl, i played it one time like a month ago but since then had nothing but issues with all this Arma 2 beta, OA Beta and DayZ patch shit

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Enef

still having issues getting the fucking thing working, rofl, i played it one time like a month ago but since then had nothing but issues with all this Arma 2 beta, OA Beta and DayZ patch shit

Follow my instructions i posted above for your game setup and it’ll work. What issues are you having, did you copy over the beta .exe from the expansion/beta folder and copy over the main .exe in operationarrowhead?

Give me a slap tonight on steam might be able to help you.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Follow my instructions i posted above for your game setup and it’ll work. What issues are you having, did you copy over the beta .exe from the expansion/beta folder and copy over the main .exe in operationarrowhead?

Give me a slap tonight on steam might be able to help you.

I followed the link you gave me exactly, the Worroms shit is made in Java and doesn’t actually do anything when the program is open, doesn’t let me click any of the buttons in it, Six Updater is and always will be horrible and i’m about to try doing the update to dayz myself.

Basically the other night i was trying to play with NoJu and he told me that i needed the beta patches, i downloaded the 1.60 patches and installed them but every time i tried to join his server it kept telling me i had the wrong version and that i needed like version 1.60.09r4834897498 or some shit.

TviQ

ft.

Did you update DayZ ? to 1.7.1

toasty.

PHX

If you click on the server in the server browser it will tell you what version it is running in the bottom right. It will show up red if it doesn’t match what you have installed.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 Next »