Forum

Manchester Derby tonight...

Created 30th April 2012 @ 14:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

go go City! But in all seriousness, this story has come to light and needs airing!

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.

Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.

Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.

“Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.

“I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”

Manchester Derby

The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.

“It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.

“In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”

“I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”

“If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”

OMGWTF etc etc etc.

Last edited by Monkeh,

rtan

-9w-

man united to lose or draw tonight but still win the league.

sir alex 2good.

Monkeh

My tears of horror agree with you r7an…

When will he retire….WHEN GODDAMMIT!?

Last edited by Monkeh,

rytis

PrettyGay

fuck both teams

_Ben

;?

why always me

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

don’t want city to win the league, buying a team just isn’t right…

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

who are those teams? are they in the champions league final???!?!?

Monkeh

Quoted from Permzilla

don’t want city to win the league, buying a team just isn’t right…

How else you supposed to do it? Something tells me Utd have spent their fair share over the years as well!

Quoted from smziii

who are those teams? are they in the champions league final???!?!?

You ain’t got no His-TORY!

Last edited by Monkeh,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

How else you supposed to do it? Something tells me Utd have spent their fair share over the years as well!

Knew someone was going to say that! I mean suddenly spend millions and millions in one season, at least United don’t buy their whole team in one transfer market!

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

fuck man city.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

[…]

You ain’t got no His-TORY!

iam defo not supporting chelsea :D

Monkeh

Just because you spend a shit-tonne of money won’t guarantee the title anyway, Mansur took over in September 2008, so it’s the best part of 4 years.

Buying players is only the first step, finding a winning formula to play them with/in and a winning coach who can re-act to what’s happening in matches and get the best out of them is another thing entirely.

Now I’m massively biased as I have a huge dislike for the, ‘red devils’, being a scouser born and raised in between Liverpool and manchester, they are all evil and anybody but man U wins my vote EVERYTIME!

May the best team, (that doesn’t wear red), win tonight.

dougiie

CotC

City will probably win tonight.

Don’t reeeeally care though, just hoping Spurs will get 4th :'(

Trane

Fuck City, right in the mouth.

Monkeh

Quoted from dougiie

just hoping Spurs will get 4th :'(

You do know what happens if Chelsea win the CL final I presume?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »