Forum

LG W2363D 120hz Monitor NOT for sale

Created 20th February 2012 @ 21:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

nvc

Quoted from kustom3

[…]

You’re absolutely right.
Please avoid the only monitor on the market w/o input lag, no light bleeding problems, a matte panel, a pivot function and a way to set up its height, a handle, and a decent design. What a shitty monitor yeah (first TN panel rated 5 stars by PRAD btw).

The prad.de review is rubbish, there’s an assumed reason why they got it over 1 month before it was officially released, and before everyone else. If a good stand makes a good monitor then we are on totally different pages, did you even look at the picture i posted displaying the panel quality during moving images? Sure it’s bearable, but for 300gbp it doesn’t justify it’s price tag. You are simply another sheep who bought the monitor and is now trying desperately to justify the purchase to himself. As far as the only things you mentioned go, the AG (matte) coating on the XL2420T is way too aggressive… i understand that many people prefer matte but there’s no need to overdo it, back light bleeding varies from monitor to monitor, and the input lag feels no different to the LG W2363D or Viewsonic VX2268WM.

In the end, i am right. As far as 120hz monitors go i have used..

a) Viewsonic VX2268WM,
b) LG W2363D,
c) Samsung S23A700D,
d) BenQ XL2410T,
e) BenQ XL2420T…

..and so i think i’m pretty qualified to give good comparisons. If you want to educate yourself, look at the awful reviews that the XL2410T received and you’ll see that they have not remedied the issue that gave the original model such poor scores.

The BenQ is close to being good, and i really wanted it to be great which is why i bought it hoping they implemented overdrive better, but unfortunately it’s still worth closer to 100gbp than 300gbp with the inverse color trail and they seem incapable of improving on it… so i had to return it. There was actually an Iiyama panel last year that had an optional recall/firmware update to remedy a similar issue, but after 2 monitors from BenQ it’s apparent that this is the best they can do.

Just because two pro gamers advertise a monitor and tell BenQ what we want, does not mean they have anyone telling them what we don’t want.

Last edited by nvc,

tmn

you guys need to get on my level….
http://vmi.tv/uploads/products/JVC-TM-1010PN-K._1310980546.3131.jpg

trams

-><-

Quoted from tmn

you guys need to get on my level….
http://vmi.tv/uploads/products/JVC-TM-1010PN-K._1310980546.3131.jpg

??? http://www.elec-intro.com/EX/05-15-04/radar.jpg

tmn

Quoted from trams

[…]

??? http://www.elec-intro.com/EX/05-15-04/radar.jpg

the addon radar is optional, its very advanced technology and costs alot, i didnt think it would apply to most home users

kustom3

AwS
DA!

Quoted from nvc

If a good stand makes a good monitor then we are on totally different pages,

Nope, but a bad stand w/o vesa compatibility makes a bad monitor.

Quoted from nvc

did you even look at the picture i posted displaying the panel quality during moving images?

Yup, and I don’t really care. I come from a very crappy flat panel, it felt like I had some sort of motion blur enabled. Now I can actually see what I’m aiming at while quick tracking a target, and I don’t feel any trail or ghosting whatsoever, neither did the 3 Blast players who spent hours testing my monitor and my gaming rig at the InsaLan 7.
So I don’t care if someone took a picture of a moving bird. Fact is, I don’t see any ghosting that makes my eyes bleeds like my previous monitor did, I have a better aim, and I love it.

Quoted from nvc

You are simply another sheep

And you need to get laid if the only thing you can metaphorically call me is a sheep.

Quoted from nvc

the AG (matte) coating on the XL2420T is way too aggressive…

That’s purely subjective.

Quoted from nvc

back light bleeding varies from monitor to monitor

Didn’t see any report of backlight bleeding on this monitor so far (unlike Acer or Asus last monitors).

Quoted from nvc

In the end, i am right.

Good for you.

Quoted from nvc

Just because two pro gamers advertise a monitor and tell BenQ what we want, does not mean they have anyone telling them what we don’t want.

Who says I give a shit about old 1.6 players on the box?

Good luck *NOT* selling your awesome monitor.

Last edited by kustom3,

nvc

Quoted from kustom3

[…]
“Nope, but a bad stand w/o vesa compatibility makes a bad monitor.”

“Yup, and I don’t really care. I come from a very crappy flat panel, it felt like I had some sort of motion blur enabled. Now I can actually see what I’m aiming at while quick tracking a target, and I don’t feel any trail or ghosting whatsoever, neither did the 3 Blast players who spent hours testing my monitor and my gaming rig at the InsaLan 7.
So I don’t care if someone took a picture of a moving bird. Fact is, I don’t see any ghosting that makes my eyes bleeds like my previous monitor did, I have a better aim, and I love it.”

But i still have better aim, and i have 2 monitors on my table that are both better than the BenQ (at half the price…). I’m not really sure what the point you’re trying to argue is because the inverse color trailing is there… just because your mediocre team of blind gamers is unable to see it does not mean that it has miraculously disappeared. I laughed when you said the stand solely makes a good monitor… a good stand can make a good panel with a poor stand great, but it can’t make a poor panel good.

In the end, you have not told me what is actually good about the BenQ, further than what can already be achieved by buying a separate VESA stand for another monitor. I had it in my computer for less than an hour before i boxed it up for return, because further than the awesome 24″ screen and equally low input lag to my viewsonic and lg monitors (it’s so close it makes no difference), all i could see was what’s wrong with it and i could not justify the premium price tag. Here’s a fact, every QuakeLive player at DreamHack does not like the BenQ for the same reason too… but you keep believing that it’s the best 120hz panel available if it makes you feel better about buying it.

Open TF2 and simply sidestep any object as scout, you will see these trails… now rocket jump and watch the trail move around the object as you alter your position relative to that same object. Whilst we’re building a picture, consider that when playing a darker game, or a game featuring dark environments within certain maps (B tunnels on DUST2 @ Counter Strike for example), these trails don’t disappear (except for you, i suppose)… so you’ll get these same dark trails from models and objects on dark backgrounds that inevitably make make your efforts to aim at a model more difficult – and even if in practice it makes little difference to your accuracy (i saw no +/- to my accuracy whilst using the BenQ), why pay 300gbp when you can get something else that does the same thing but looks better and is much cheaper?

Keep fighting though, and if you’re wondering why i’m spending my time arguing with a hopeless case like you on an internet forum… it’s because if someone doesn’t this issue will never be resolved because amazingly, you’re not the only retard that believes it’s actually worth the money (que users on cadred.org)… giving BenQ and others the wrong idea of what money can buy you.

Last edited by nvc,

kustom3

AwS
DA!

I’m a sheep, a hopeless case and a retard. Also I’m blind. You win.

Last edited by kustom3,

nvc

Quoted from kustom3

I’m a sheep, a hopeless case and a retard. Also I’m blind. You win.

Don’t take it personally, just had to prove a point to other people that might read your comments and get the wrong idea about the monitor.

Last edited by nvc,

dodgydogman

Panda

People have different opinions and different budgets nvc.

The benq tend to have better specs for gaming, but at a far higher price. It really comes down to how much you are willing to spend for the little things..

I got the xl2420t, and tbh it is overpriced, but I didnt want to get an early generation 3d monitor, only to regret it later.

nvc

Quoted from dodgydogman

People have different opinions and different budgets nvc.

The benq tend to have better specs for gaming, but at a far higher price. It really comes down to how much you are willing to spend for the little things..

I got the xl2420t, and tbh it is overpriced, but I didnt want to get an early generation 3d monitor, only to regret it later.

The only way people have different opinions on this are if they are literally blind, or miss informed. Your comment comes under the latter considering they are nothing but assumptions as you have not even tried the early generation panels that are still better.

I don’t understand, what am i missing that’s making it the number 1 gaming monitor? My eyes are showing to me that the pixel response is so fucking slow that the RTC has to be so aggressive and as a consequence produces large overshoots/artifacts in the form of 5-6mm of inverse color trails. Are you not seeing that dark trail and instead my eyesight is just deteriorating? My Viewsonic VX2268WM and LG W2363D are not doing that here right now, so what am i missing that’s not putting both of mine at the top exactly, and that would ever make using it over the alternatives worth the price difference? It’s certainly not picture quality, and the input lag from a subjective viewpoint of playing at a higher level in multiple FPS games is indifferent.

Last edited by nvc,

MY MONITOR IS BETTER THAN YOUR MONITOR

MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2