Forum

3 issues (Ventrilo, mIRC, TF2)

Created 8th February 2009 @ 17:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ToRn

KÅT
SpA|com

In the past 2-3 weeks I have started having problems with Vent, Tf2 and mIRC.

TF2: I get kicked out of servers for no reason, and when i try to rejoin it says “STEAM_blabla” is already in use on this server. Sometimes, when i join another server and then rejoin it works, and sometimes not.

Ventrilo: I get kicked out for “duplicate IP:s” and such, sometimes i have to tab out to rejoin and sometimes it rejoins by itself.

mIRC: I get disconnected for no reason(?) and I get deleted from pickups and such, and then it usually rejoins automatically.

I have no real problems with my connection and usually I don’t get disconnected from all 3 programs at the same time etc. Steam doesn’t disconnect very often, for example.

Please help :)

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

it could be a disconnection problem, you might not notice it since steam friends are pretty slow when discovering if you lost your connection or not. ive had the same problem with lagging out on servers and then having the problem that the steam id is already in use.

have no idea how to fix it, ive changed isp, that didnt helped though. ghhgfhghfhggggffgaddg

F2

Danmark

it smells like your connection is unstable, ie. packets are being lost.. that can be caused by several things including network card (in your computer), router, switch, your actual connection, cables (:D?)

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

yeah i think there is something wrong with the cables in the neighbourhood :<

switched isp twice and didnt noticed any major improvements at all apart from the bill :DDD

ToRn

KÅT
SpA|com

mm I am like 50 m from the router and stuff so might be cable-problem. But still, I can be in ventrilo and hearing ppl speaking non-stop for 1hour and still be disconnected from mIRC/TF2(particular server) during that :(.

veehell

-cavalier-

few notes:

try to setup your network card, network connection manually (Speed, duplex type, buffers, direct entries for more DNS servers, manual ip…and so on)

do it same for router/modem (if possible)
—-
disconnects may occur due:
DNS is not resolving the name to ip and vice versa
Your PC decide to lease (somehow) new configuration from your DHCP
Your router might decide to change speed or/and duplex which leads usually to 1-3sec lags and delay in all packets (ie. check cables, check the trafic on router if the bottleneck of the interfaces are still far away)

Also check you computer for spyware, as there might be some trojan acting as carboncopier(forcing your network card act in promisc.mode) which a lot of SW does not like (VAC, PB, AEQ,”irc”….) Try to scan your PC usin “nmap” to se what stuff is trying to in/outbound from/to your PC.

ADSL lines sometimes need to be refreshed on dashboard directly at ISP (ask them to do it as maintainance) and reset it in your modem as well.

Akill

i used to have this REALLY fucked up problem, if i were to join a TF2 game, my router would actually restart itself. W-T-F.

I tihnk it solved itself during a restart once?

Add A Reply Pages: 1