Created 6th October 2011 @ 00:23

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

sgN^

TKN

R.I.P

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from KrullkrigareN^

He just made some overpriced bullshit hardware that sucked so much!

nvm, just noticed he got banned.

Last edited by sgN^,

konr

Quoted from Ghostface

Weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be on ETF2L right now

Makes me want to curse his memory, but RIP Steve.

Swarlz

Why all the sad, steve jobs 2 will be out next week

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Tommeh

[…]

Too soon?

rip

Too Zune

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Swarlz

Why all the sad, steve jobs 2 will be out next week

rofl.

2 month ban i hope come on admins chop chop

stvv

WUL

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Too Zune

Thats so iPod.

fuck.

stvv

WUL

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

This is what you post as soon as your 1-month ban has expired? If you want a permanent ban, you can just ask an admin instead of constantly fishing for one.

Banned 2 months. For questions or complaints, please contact an admin: http://etf2l.org/etf2l/support/

To everyone else: This is not a thread for sharing jokes about his death.

RIP

Don’t get how him saying his opinion, which isn’t offensive/involving his death is warrant for a 2 month ban?

Hi I’m an admin, feel my ban hammer. yawn

edit; reading your reasoning for it was quite funny. He says an opinion and is banned for it, hofven posts an image which is much worse if you take it in that way, no ban, derp derp derp derp herp

edit2; Its even more funny because you have an admin doing this;
Quoted from Spike Himself

iDead

gj admin team, real classy.

Last edited by stvv,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from stvv

[…]

Don’t get how him saying his opinion, which isn’t offensive/involving his death is warrant for a 2 month ban?

edit; reading your reasoning for it was quite funny. He says an opinion and is banned for it, hofven posts an image which is much worse if you take it in that way, no ban, derp derp derp derp herp

[…]

Read ashkan’s post again, maybe you missed the edit.

stvv

WUL

[…]

Read ashkan’s post again, maybe you missed the edit.

No i saw it, yeah he deserves to be banned for that trolling, but you’re taking this barely offensive opinion and then comparing it to the trolling that he did before, which was worth a ban + you yourself posted a disrespectful comment and you’re supposed to be an admin?

hilarious

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from stvv

[…]

No i saw it, yeah he deserves to be banned for that trolling, but you’re taking this barely offensive opinion and then comparing it to the trolling that he did before, which was worth a ban + you yourself posted a disrespectful comment and you’re supposed to be an admin?

hilarious

Pretty obvious you didn’t read askan’s edit properly, judging by your reasoning.

Yes, me and others have posted jokes, and ashkan gave out a warning for that. What do you want?

stvv

WUL

[…]

Pretty obvious you didn’t read askan’s edit properly, judging by your reasoning.

Yes, me and others have posted jokes, and ashkan gave out a warning for that. What do you want?

I’d expect if someone is going to be banned for trolling in a forum despite there previous bans and warnings, and since his post was barely trolling/disrespectful/offensive, that the admins themselves shouldn’t post something that is disrespectful and then proceed to ban people for doing what they themselves have just done, and there are far worse posts in this thread, that if this was a decent forum that was moderated by people who aren’t completely useless and didn’t just want to sit on there high horse every now and then and ban people, then you’d not post comments which are what others have been banned for.

I don’t care about the trolling or jokes in this thread, i just find it funny that someone is banned for a comment when an admin has said something much worse, when they’re supposed to be, i guess setting and example for other posters.

Edit; just in case you didn’t get what i want from my posts, i want admins to not be fucking idiots themselves on the forum that they attempt to moderate

Last edited by stvv,

Spike Himself

TC

Last edited by Spike Himself,

ashkan

Quoted from stvv

[…]

Don’t get how him saying his opinion, which isn’t offensive/involving his death

Keep in mind that this is what you think. Not everyone would agree, and we did get complaints about it.

In this context, his post was off-topic and provocative, as with many of his previous posts. Had it not been for his ban history, he would only have been warned.

is warrant for a 2 month ban?

His post deserves punishment.
His history makes it a ban.
His 4 previous bans makes it 2 months long.

You are mistaken if you think that the length of the ban only depends on that single post.

He says an opinion and is banned for it

As I am sure you understand, there are ways in which you can appropriately express an opinion. Here are some examples that are not okay on our forums:

– Stating that you hate all coloured people, and that you think they are genetically inferior and should all be killed.
– When the subject is religion or politics.
– Writing a post stating your exaggerated general opinion of products made by the company a person used to work for, when the sole purpose of the thread is to mourn the recent passing of that person.

They all fit under the definition of “opinion”. Just because it’s an opinion, does not mean that you can express it whenever, wherever and however you want. Not even in society, and definitely not on our forums.

hofven posts an image which is much worse if you take it in that way

It is not allowed, which is why he was warned. We did not deem it worthy of an immediate ban.

[…]

He was warned for his post. If you wish to discuss a punishment, please contact an admin: http://etf2l.org/etf2l/support/

there are far worse posts in this thread

Everyone was punished with either a warning or a ban. I’m sure you can understand that not everyone shares your exact opinion on the severity and appropriateness of every post. The admins did not want to immediately ban everyone who was being humourous, even though someone else might have wanted it so.

you’re supposed to be an admin?

hilarious

that if this was a decent forum that was moderated by people who aren’t completely useless and didn’t just want to sit on there high horse every now and then and ban people, then you’d not post comments which are what others have been banned for.

i want admins to not be fucking idiots themselves on the forum that they attempt to moderate

I strongly recommend you to contact one of the head admins (RaCio, Crasp or Snowie). Your accusations of power abuse and incompetence are very serious and will undoubtedly lead to action against these admins who are hurting the league and the community, assuming the head admins accept your evidence.

The following players have been banned for ignoring the warnings:
Swarlz: 1 week (third ban)
stvv: 1 day (first ban)
Spike Himself: 1 day (first ban)

If you have any questions, requests or complaints, please contact an admin: http://etf2l.org/etf2l/support/

If you wish to openly discuss any matter related to ETF2L, feel free to create a discussion thread here: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/

Thread locked.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4