Forum

To the Norwegians here

Created 23rd July 2011 @ 09:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Septique

In Finland that guy probably would get out of jail like after 3 or 4 years, like all the killers and rapists.

lagi

Quoted from Septique

In Finland that guy probably would get out of jail like after 3 or 4 years, like all the killers and rapists.

and probably a 2000€ fine

Last edited by lagi,

FADe

Religion LOL, biggest evil ever induced upon humanity and we did it to ourselves. 2011 and we still haven’t realised it’s the worst thing out there – people are still killing in the name of religion, that’s the real tragedy.

RIP to all those who lost their lives

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Sir Remix

What’s really messed up, is the killer is going to have a nice cozy life in the Norwegian prison system, which is the most humane in the world, and a lot like a vacation resort. Send this sick bastard to Guantanamo.

What goes around comes around. He left to many families losing their children behind. Somebody will sure do something and step up. Not saying it would be right to play tit for tat or that self justice is a key to solves that kind of problems. But…

Last edited by IPZIE,

skinnie

TCM

lol just heard that that guy prolly only faces 21years in jail?!

armed robbery in the US without killing anyone can get you a life sentence over there

ashkan

Quoted from skinnie

lol just heard that that guy prolly only faces 21years in jail?!

I think 21 is the maximum, but they can extend it in 5-year periods as long as they think he is still a danger to others. So theoretically, he can remain imprisoned his whole life.

Maybe a Norwegian can confirm? ^^

AnimaL

:D thats how law works, yeah

got life sentence of 20 years here too, so max is 20 years even tho its called “life sentence”

bit different from Norwegian summer camps tho in here

Imperium

Quoted from Defur

Everyone’s entitled to their oppinion

But not to express it in a harmful manner. Much like this man is allowed to have his views on immigration, but not allowed to express it in the way he did.

My greatest sympathies go to everyone affected (Ace <3), hope everything gets better as soon as possible.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Imperium

[…]

But not to express it in a harmful manner. Much like this man is allowed to have his views on immigration, but not allowed to express it in the way he did.

My greatest sympathies go to everyone affected (Ace <3), hope everything gets better as soon as possible.

i think he means some people talking in this thread.

Imperium

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]

i think he means some people talking in this thread.

I know he does, but by logical extension it can be applied here – words can harm too!

The guy will never get out of prison. Although the maximum prison sentence is 21 years, we have the ability to sentence people to custody, which means that the sentence can be extended for an unlimited number of times.

Last edited by Rudi,

bm

After I heard about the bombing, when no reports about the camp had surfaced yet,
I didn’t even think to consider that this could have been done by a norwegian.
Al qaida obviously came to mind, which just goes to show how brainwashed we are by the way.

Yet the fact that the guy came from their midst makes it all the more terrifying for the norwegians. I also hope for all the norwegians that your politicians won’t exploit this tragedy to strip you from your civil liberties, especially privacy, like we have witnessed in so many other countries already.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from torden

As a Norwegian and formerly active participant of the group and seminar/camp in question, I can’t deny the tragedy feeling particluarly intimate.

But in reality, this isn’t a matter about Norwegians, it’s a new (and apparently escalating) evil, seen in school shootings and executions of peers across the world. It’s arguably the most vicious of them yet, and could just be a step on the ladder.

It’s also tragic to consider just how similar this is to the airport shooting in MW2.

Thing is, this one scares me much more than your average shoot out in any western country. Your average crazed gunman is mostly frustrated with his own life and takes it out on society (see most amercian school shootings and for example that shooting here in NL not so long ago). But this guy knew exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it. He seems to be well-read and not some low life dumbass. He wanted to make a political statement. He planned everything exactly. He didn’t shoot randomly and then take it own life. No, he shot people with the intention to kill. He basically executed 90-ish people (the eye-witness reports sent a chill down my spine, nothing close to what happened here in NL.) and let himself get arrested so he could get his message out.

Last edited by Koeitje,

lay

Yes!
Yeh!

Looks like this Amy Winehouse death shit is gonna overshadow the Norway attacks and the 90+ killed there. Shame really. RIP the lives lost in Oslo.

freakz

[8U]

Dang…. Shit like this should not happen, what im personally concerned is that it’s spreaded now to the Scandinavian countries also…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »