Forum

Dual screen suddenly fucks up!

Created 25th January 2009 @ 02:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Gaarulf

UP|

Allright, got a 24″ BenQ E2400HD this thursday, and had no problem with it (expect that it was weird to have a so big screen) untill around now.

I rebooted it (for the first time since… Monday?) and had to repair my xp partition because of some files “ndlrs.dll” or something.

I did that, booted, and when I am about to dance an amazing happy dance I have to switch on the cables, so the 24″ is unplugged, and I can log onto windows.

When I am inside XP, I have to reinstall, uninstall, disable, install – find new hardware and all that shit, but for nothing. XP won’t see my second monitor…

… Or, it is labeled under hardware, my machine finds it, I can see it in display properties, but It won’t get an image on.

It can’t be broken, since the orange “idle” light becomes green, and the dead black screen get that kind of greyish colour it have when it’s on.

Sooooo, anyone know anything about a fix?

Monitor 1 : Some 19″ phillips for 100Euro (1000nkr)
Monitor 2 : BenQ 24″ E2400 HD
Xfx geforce 8800gtx
Asus M3A motherboard

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Use the Nvidia control panel to make sure its enabled, and set to the desired option ie Clone, stretch, extend whatever.

Or you could try a handy program called Ultramon which is really good for using dual monitor setups.

Gaarulf

UP|

Found how to fix it, just had to replug the power cable… Weird bug..

Add A Reply Pages: 1