Forum

ETF2L Starcraft 2 Tournament!

Created 7th May 2011 @ 00:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Well, if Skyride cannot / do not want to do it (you don’t respond, suspicions arise), we shall simply organize ourselves and play it. I’d like to know how many people are actually interested in taking part in such tourney again, let’s not discuss the frequency here.

Also, sidetracking, I’m interested in taking up protoss instead of terran. Nothing being definite, I’d like to ask you if you know any interesting resources I could get through in order to get an idea of what is that race all about, maybe in comparision to my current one.

Vince

BiG

Build a huge ball of gateway units, colossus and templars and win.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Vince

Build a huge ball of gateway units, colossus and templars and win.

I’d love to see a mass marauder/ghost going up against this :P

dauk

Quoted from freshmeatt

Well, if Skyride cannot / do not want to do it (you don’t respond, suspicions arise), we shall simply organize ourselves and play it. I’d like to know how many people are actually interested in taking part in such tourney again, let’s not discuss the frequency here.

Also, sidetracking, I’m interested in taking up protoss instead of terran. Nothing being definite, I’d like to ask you if you know any interesting resources I could get through in order to get an idea of what is that race all about, maybe in comparision to my current one.

watch white ra stream

forcefields will be prob first thing youll need to learn

Last edited by dauk,

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

i agree with dauk, decent forcefield micro and a standard 3 gate robo build can get you into gold at least

Greg

Streaming LAN games for one of our SC2 team members at the Ann Arbor Open #3

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/erickeK

FIR

SnG

guys, I’ve spoken to Skyride, and I’ve decided to make this a weekly thing, seeing as there’s a lot of response to this.

I’ll try my best to keep this event running, hopefully I can get it ready by this saturday. my exams are coming up, so it might be a hit or miss. after my exams, though, I have all the time in the world to make this a weekly thing.

Signups are open: http://challonge.com/tournament/signup/xw8kariaso

I will try my best to pair everyone with opponents of their skill level; I will liaise with Skyride for help with this.

May we all have fun :D

Waebi

‹Con›

hf, exams next weekend so that’s not gonna happen for me, but shall try and get in the next one(s) :)

also FU for going off the very second i wanted to send you an invite for a 1v1

Last edited by Waebi,

Vince

BiG

Quoted from FIR

guys, I’ve spoken to Skyride, and I’ve decided to make this a weekly thing, seeing as there’s a lot of response to this.

I’ll try my best to keep this event running, hopefully I can get it ready by this saturday. my exams are coming up, so it might be a hit or miss. after my exams, though, I have all the time in the world to make this a weekly thing.

Signups are open: http://challonge.com/tournament/signup/xw8kariaso

I will try my best to pair everyone with opponents of their skill level; I will liaise with Skyride for help with this.

May we all have fun :D

Saturday sucks for tournaments :<

Also, make it bo1 double elimination with finals bo3

Last edited by Vince,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Vince

[…]

Saturday sucks for tournaments :<

Why? I guess some people wake up not so sober yet on Saturday mornings, but is there any better day in the week?

Regarding the format, I think it should depend on the number of players that signed up, bo1 with 16 players will finish pretty quickly.

dauk

need gold/palt protoss to train

Vince

BiG

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Why? I guess some people wake up not so sober yet on Saturday mornings, but is there any better day in the week?

Regarding the format, I think it should depend on the number of players that signed up, bo1 with 16 players will finish pretty quickly.

Well, maybe I should rephrase, saturday sucks for me. And bo1 double elimination takes some time still. Finals can be bo3.

I used to run community tournaments in BW, and that’s the best format in my eyes.This way you don’t have to be carefully seeding the brackets, when you draw a strong opponent first round, there still is losers bracket.

Skyride

DUCS

Ye guys. I’ll give Fir a hand if he wants, but I’ll give whoever wants to run it admin on the IRC chan and stuff.

FIR

SnG

I think the usual bo3 (bo5 finals) should do well with people. If you guys want more games, then we can up it to bo5 (bo7 finals) for extra fun.

also, double elimination (bo3 w/ bo5 finals) would also be interesting. I’m open to suggestions.

edit: it all depends on how much time you’re willing to commit.

Last edited by FIR,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from FIR

I think the usual bo3 (bo5 finals) should do well with people. If you guys want more games, then we can up it to bo5 (bo7 finals) for extra fun.

also, double elimination (bo3 w/ bo5 finals) would also be interesting. I’m open to suggestions.

edit: it all depends on how much time you’re willing to commit.

bo5 given average game takes 20 minutes
derp
:D

I actually thought you talked about bo1 se there Vince, my mistake. bo1 de might actually make it, especially with low number of players.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »