[…]
Don’t touch AMD even in your dreams.

get the fuck out of here

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

Quoted from Norrland3000

[…]

You call that huge? Not even the same clock speeds…i5 760 would get higher with higher clock speed. Not huuuuuuge difference..

But as the others say, go i5 not worth the money to go for i7. i5 are often better in games than i7.

The difference isn’t huge, but it’s worth waiting a couple of weeks for when you’re essentially paying the same amount of money.

Quoted from JackieBoy

[…]

Why? AMD motherboards are like £40+ cheaper, plus the CPUs are a bit cheaper too.

Last edited by fuo,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from JackieBoy

[…]

Fanboy alert!

dauk

since we’re talking about building a pc maybe someone wanna point the difference between
VGA 1GB GDDR5 PCIE16 GTX460SE/256B GV-N460SE-1GI GIGA-BYTE
and
PALIT GTX460 SONIC PCIE 1GB 2XDVI

I was told that the first one is more silent and can be more overcloacked (I wont do it now tho) , but the second one is more expensive ( but now it is with discount so the prices are the same)

minimoose

I have a core i5-750 + coolermaster 212 plus which I am selling since I don’t need my desktop anymore. I also have a P7P55D motherboard which I used for it. I don’t know anything about motherboards though, I know it’s compatible with the i5 just don’t know how good it is (think it cost around £100). Add me on friends or w/e if you are interested.

Had them lying around for a couple of months now, too lazy to make an ebay auction :c

Last edited by minimoose,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from minimoose

I have a core i5-750 … I also have a P7P55D motherboard

Thats the CPU/mobo I have in my PC atm, its definitely a pretty good combination.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Yeah, the build you currently have is massive overkill

i5’s on the 1156 socket, and a GTX 460 are the most you’re going to need, alter everything else to fit with that though, and you’ve got a good build

If you actually want to go for overkill though, fair play ;)

I’ve got an unoverclocked i5-750 and a P7P55 LX and have had no problems with them. I frequently use an i5-650 and it’s complete dogshit in comparison. Also I’ve only had problems with my ati 5770, well it’s drivers really.

minimoose

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Thats the CPU/mobo I have in my PC atm, its definitely a pretty good combination.

cool cool.

Well the offer still stands if the op wants to save some moneys :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2