Forum

The Well #4

Created 28th November 2010 @ 12:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9

You said you have been playing CS:S surf, were you any good? On a scale from 1 to 10, how much would you say that the experience from that has helped you in TF2?

Last edited by Rudi,

Quoted from flushy

whats unis u applying to?

Will tell you on mumble sometime, dont want people to stalk me :(

Quoted from Rudi

You said you have been playing CS:S surf, were you any good? On a scale from 1 to 10, how much would you say that the experience from that has helped you in TF2?

I was pretty awesome at CSS surfing – I’d say 7 or 8.
And if it wasn’t for CSS surfing, I probably wouldn’t of been able to airstrafe since Day 1 of TF2, so I’d say it did actually help me with movement a lot.

Linus

[d¿s]

how did you come up with your name?

Quoted from Linus

how did you come up with your name?

Not a clue. Seriously.
I used to be Wraith, but since I started playing UT2K4, I just kinda… changed. I honestly haven’t a clue how.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

When are you gonna give me enough engi-material? Or should I say, when are you gonna topscore as engi to prove Epsilon wrong in not letting you play engi?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Warmup over actual game? How do you warm up?
Does a scout really need to be able to do a 180*+n turn with one sweep of a hand?
Where does everything you put in a box called ‘gamesense’ come from?
How do you climb walls on your way?
How do you break retarded habits, like twitching all the bloody time?
How do you cope with retarded hitreg?
Was there even a time you were obsessed with your aim?
What’s the difference between d3 and d5 scout?
How do you actually get good if your aim sucks? Can you be a scout while sucking at meatshotting people?

If you can win with everything’s being default and some apparently ‘retarded’ binds, then why do people bother so much?

metalpiss

Quite often I miss really easy shots. I see a soldier coming towards me, or a medic lingering about, and no matter how hard I try, my hand just won’t move in order to get my crosshair on their heads. Does/did that ever happen to you? If it did, how did you overcome it? Is simply practice going to do it? I feel that I should be much better at aiming with the hours I spent in this game :/.

Also, any tips in sniper vs sniper? I’ve sniped against people on deathmatch servers who constantly headshot me the instant they scoped in, no matter how far I was or how randomly I moved. Does it all come down to simply good muscle memory and hence practice? I can pull off shots like those, but not all the time; those guys were consistent, they never missed.

I know gamesense is more important than aim, but for me aim is just like karate: if you know it, you get more confidence in yourself.

Quoted from morf

When are you gonna give me enough engi-material? Or should I say, when are you gonna topscore as engi to prove Epsilon wrong in not letting you play engi?

When they let me play it in the first place :(

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from metalpiss

Quite often I miss really easy shots. I see a soldier coming towards me, or a medic lingering about, and no matter how hard I try, my hand just won’t move in order to get my crosshair on their heads. Does/did that ever happen to you? If it did, how did you overcome it? Is simply practice going to do it? I feel that I should be much better at aiming with the hours I spent in this game :/

I asked a similar question in Jh’s thread, you might want to take a look at that as well ^^

Edit; link! http://etf2l.org/forum/off-topic/topic-14518/page-2/?recent=249231#post-248137

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Quoted from freshmeatt

Warmup over actual game? How do you warm up?
Does a scout really need to be able to do a 180*+n turn with one sweep of a hand?
Where does everything you put in a box called ‘gamesense’ come from?
How do you climb walls on your way?
How do you break retarded habits, like twitching all the bloody time?
How do you cope with retarded hitreg?
Was there even a time you were obsessed with your aim?
What’s the difference between d3 and d5 scout?
How do you actually get good if your aim sucks? Can you be a scout while sucking at meatshotting people?

If you can win with everything’s being default and some apparently ‘retarded’ binds, then why do people bother so much?

Actual game.
A scout doesn’t NEED to, but personally, I can.
Experience.
Not sure what you mean by this question, sorry.
Twitching isn’t a retarded habit if it works. If you want to change your style of aim, just constantly DM by tracking etc (which, imo, is the best way to aim).
Rage on mumble.
Not really.
Not quite sure if I’m honest – I guess there’d just be more team chemistry/teamplay with a D3 scout. I wouldn’t put it past you that a D3 scout always definitely has a better aim than a D5 scout. Wondershowzen was div6 before he got into reJ (finding the right team etc)
This has already been answered – it’s all practice and experience. There’s no doubt that your aim and movement would improve if you practiced it against different people regularly.
They don’t really ‘bother’, they just seem amazed at how I place my hands.

Quoted from metalpiss

Quite often I miss really easy shots. I see a soldier coming towards me, or a medic lingering about, and no matter how hard I try, my hand just won’t move in order to get my crosshair on their heads. Does/did that ever happen to you? If it did, how did you overcome it? Is simply practice going to do it? I feel that I should be much better at aiming with the hours I spent in this game :/.

Also, any tips in sniper vs sniper? I’ve sniped against people on deathmatch servers who constantly headshot me the instant they scoped in, no matter how far I was or how randomly I moved. Does it all come down to simply good muscle memory and hence practice? I can pull off shots like those, but not all the time; those guys were consistent, they never missed.

I know gamesense is more important than aim, but for me aim is just like karate: if you know it, you get more confidence in yourself.

I’m not really the ideal person to be asking about sniper questions. Spike linked you to a similar answer as Jh, but I’ll give my input:
I can’t give any tips for sniper vs sniper, but I can give slight tips on “missing easy targets” – don’t worry about it. If you’re missing easy shots, it’s usually down to panic or pressure. I know it doesn’t look omg frag movie sick if you take your time aiming a shot – but it’s probably worth it.

AND THAT CONCLUDES THE WELL #4

MAYBE ANOTHER PLAYER WILL COME ALONG AND KEEP IT GOING!

vlad_drac

xoxo

Hey i thought i was the only one with the quake mouse2 = forward setup!

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9