Forum

Need some Games

Created 17th October 2010 @ 15:23

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Why just games available through steam? Are you just wanting good games? In what sense should they be good?

I mean if you want good games to look at have FF9, SH2 and KH.

dauk

torchllight

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Some games that might be less known but really had something to add to the realm of videogames; a real “raison d’être”:

– Facade (emergent interactive storytelling, interactive drama)
– Braid (postmodern platformer, integrating gameplay concepts directly into the storyline)
– Sleep Is Death (collaborative storytelling, multiplayer and singleplayer at the same time)
– kill.switch (first action game to use cover mechanic, also with blindfire)
– Dwarf Fortress (emergent storytelling, everything can happen when there are so many variables)
– God Hand (incredible developer daringness, bold design choices which result in the lack of design in certain areas. A game purely fueled by it’s own gameplay) RIP Clover Studios
– Team ICO games (obvious)
– Omikron: The Nomad Soul (from the creators of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain, very audacious for it’s time, genre blending)
– Anachronox (for quality plotline, dialogue, jokes, and metaphors to real life. quite rare in video games)
– Natural Selection (some FPS games that try to do “new” things can STILL learn from this old HL1 fps/rts mod)
– Full Spectrum Warrior (for its extreme realism and weird blend between third person action and strategy/tactical gameplay, due to not being able to control the soldiers directly)
– Gravity Bone (download it for free, a great game trying to express storytelling as interactively as possible. Also a great new format for singleplayer games imo, super-short episodical games)
– The Marriage (a highbrow experimental game trying to completely remove the boundaries between storytelling and gameplay)

Last edited by skeej,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from CrashSite

errr… so back to some good games?

That was the answer to what the guy asked you.

Mike

TEZC

STALKER shadow of chernobyl with the latest oblivion lost mod

Rubikon

One of the most epic RPGs – “The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind”
You’ll shit bricks because of great storyline and soundtrack (for my opinion – the best)
The only thing i hate about TES is mobs lvling and improving when you lvl :)

Ghent

Team

Amnesia, The dark descent.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Amnesia is so fucking good that i literally peed my pants playing it.

also if you want to hear me scream like a girl, you better invite me to a late night with amnesia.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Ghent

Amnesia, The dark descent.

i just pissed my pants watching the trailer. Jeez.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Sid Meier’s Civilization V

WLL

Quoted from Waebi

[…]

i just pissed my pants watching the trailer. Jeez.

rofl

Pendji

Quoted from KrullkrigareN^

Sid Meier’s Civilization V

really. do it. even if you hate that genre of games.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

We should do a game run as a group with Amnesia, The Dark Descent, we can all get in mumble and scream like very little girls. I just got it and I don’t handle horror well so I think I can out scream you all.

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from CrashSite

We should do a game run as a group with Amnesia, The Dark Descent, we can all get in mumble and scream like very little girls. I just got it and I don’t handle horror well so I think I can out scream you all.

I’m in.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

pirates vikings and knights 2
badabing badabam

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »