Forum

New PC

Created 11th August 2010 @ 15:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

sgN^

TKN

I know you probably wanna go http://data.fuskbugg.se/skogsturken/thisthreadagain.jpg right now but I would really like some suggestions on how to spend ’bout 2300£ on a new desktop PC as it turns out that Alienware laptops are 2x as expensive here in Sweden as they are in the US, hence why I’m not getting one.

So, please, post your suggestions on what “parts” I should, with chassi and a screen included as I am planning to give my current 32″ HD TV to my mom so she can watch her movies in “style” rather than on DVD, get as I am putting it together myself and not goin’ off and buying some pre-built bullshit.

P.S. Especially looking forward to Chris’s comment
P.P.S. The money is just a conversion from 26 000kr, which is my limit on what to spend on it. The products you suggest may not go above that, as apparently Swedish prices are bat-shit insane.
P.P.P.S. Also, I was thinking about getting a Mac and getting into video editing etc to provide some sort of contribution our lovely community. And yes I know it’s possible on a PC as well, but I want a Mac if I’m gonna do that, for reasons unknown really, it’s just something I’ve decided on ^^
EDIT:
I’ve been told from more than one person that spending that much on a PC seems incredibly retarded, and that’s why I could also take suggestions in the lower price ranges, but still like, insanely good(you can probably tell that I know close to nothing about this by now).
EDIT nr.2: Ignore the monitor, my mom apparently doesn’t want my TV as shes planning to buy one of her own -_-

Last edited by sgN^,

octochris

(0v0)

hahahahahah

no point spending all of that £2300. Spend ~£1000 of it and get some gay SLI setup with an i7.

Last edited by octochris,

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from octochris

no point spending all of that £2300. Spend ~£1000 of it and get some gay SLI setup with an i7.

Well, I wanna get some really sick shit, like, uber overkill stuff so that it won’t be shit in a couple of years.

Last edited by sgN^,

octochris

(0v0)

I DED

Skyride

DUCS

Shit dude, inb4 Animal has an orgasm. I’ll speak to you on steam later. :P

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from octochris

I DED

Come on, cough up some ideas, I know you’ve got tons of em! :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skyride

inb4 animal talks without knowing what he’s talking about

edit: k will make you the gayest build i can

Last edited by octochris,

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from octochris

[…]

inb4 animal talks without knowing what he’s talking about

edit: k will make you the gayest build i can

Remember, it is with a monitor included! ^^

AnimaL

Quoted from Skyride

i came

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

looking forward for this beast !!! :D

Orchid

|=3

just get some 20” and up monitor, with a i7 intel cpu, a sick HD card or two and your good to go!

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Orchid

just get some 20” and up monitor, with a i7 intel cpu, a sick HD card or two and your good to go!

Yeah well I want it to be something that’ll handle the most graphically intense games 3 years from now with the highest possible settings, that’s why I wanna spend a heck of a lot on it :D

Orchid

|=3

No way of really doint that. This shit is evolving too fast.
Get an IBM INTEL XEON 8C X7560 2.26GHZ/24MB, which worth a lot more then you have in yer pocket!

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Orchid

No way of really doint that. This shit is evolving too fast.
Get an IBM INTEL XEON 8C X7560 2.26GHZ/24MB, which worth a lot more then you have in yer pocket!

Oi! Don’t burst my lil’ bubble of how the future is going to pan out! I wanna believe that I can buy a PC that’ll be able to handle that with that amount of money.

AnimaL

Quoted from sgN^

P.P.P.S. Also, I was thinking about getting a Mac and getting into video editing etc to provide some sort of contribution our lovely community. And yes I know it’s possible on a PC as well, but I want a Mac if I’m gonna do that, for reasons unknown really, it’s just something I’ve decided on ><

:D twat

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »