Forum

Why do BT suck so much cock?

Created 11th May 2010 @ 21:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Seriously, weekdays my hub either dies, or i lag more than a russian TEH FOOK.

Help anyone?

byte

Way , way WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of you dude, i felt your pain when i was living by myself in London at the age of 18 when i wanted decent internet and all they gave me was this god damn poor router/modem combo.

Then i saw the light and brought my own adsl/router modem in one :D a expensive one and voila :D

Unless you live in like a trench where the weather is very dire i doubt it’s your line.

So solution is —> new modem/router a decent one too not a £30 fail one kthx!

Cheers

Byte

Bit Torrent? Bluetooth? B-Tree?

Skyride

DUCS

What byte said,

But BT are still rubbish. Their shaping on the new packages is ridiculous.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

So basically, all i need to do is by a adsl router and modem, and replace Bt Shitub 2.Gay? well, i know feel stupid, i shall do this, and report back.

Links to get routers would be much appreciated =)

<3333333

xoxoxoxo

Lots of homo.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

heads up virgin media is shit as well

byte

I’ve been with them since 2003, one thing i would say about BT is for me they’ve been very reliable, and i don’t even have a business broadband package so…considering its the main reason i stick with them.

Well i’m assuming that your problem is your router, like i shall ask you a Q, what happens when you ping aload of servers ? Does your modem time out? Or another Q would be do you randomly start lagging only for you to realise your BT Home Hub is doing an update on the software running the hub? :D

If you thought BT were gonna spend loads on a decent modem/router/phone combi for over 46366366 ppl then i’d think again lol, they’re all cheaply made.

Some good routers would be Belkin / Linksys and Netgear

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132751 – Belkin (this is the one i have)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/147199 – Netgear (make sure you have a n capable network card)

Cheers

Byte

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from Daniel

Bit Torrent? Bluetooth? B-Tree?

British Telecom?
*guesses*

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Well, havent tried pinging on servers, but, last week the routers trick was that it would loss the broadband connection but reconnect about 1 min later, fine for browsing but OMG OIHDGLKHD GKJ GKH G RAGE worthy when trying to play TF2, it was enough to kick me off the server etc.

This week it is to lag, and yes i suppose it random because at the weekend, i didnt have any dramas what so ever.

=x.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

maby change what channel you are on, on your router (if you can). cause it could be neighbours could be on the same channel ruining your life.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

I live in a block full of HAWT army men, wait what i mean ummm.

But yeah that shouldnt be the problem.

Dav1dd

2ne1

I think what you need is the Killer Xeno Pro Gaming Network Card

Last edited by Dav1dd,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I have this exact problem. It’s caused much rage over the year of play and tbh… It’s really taken my love for gaming away.

I live with 7 others on a 10Mb connection, however we only ever get 10Mb at night, during the day we get 5Mb and at peak times 1-3Mb (always have 0.8Mb upload tho). All it takes is one of my flatmates to go on youtube or skype and my ping ingame spikes to 400. If they go on youtube and someone else is doing anything else… bam 800. Ect. ect.

Not only this but they have promised fibre optics “coming soon” for the last 8 months. However it seems like it’ll never come. Now even when I put my postcode in it doesn’t even say coming soon (yet it does for the house right next to me) making me worry that I’m not connected to a cabinet.

Currently I’m waiting for WiMax from a company in Manchester, yet they just lost their engineer so looks like more delays, and I worry that this won’t be the end to my issues as WiMax has very mixed reviews from what I’ve read, ranging from 20ms to 130ms and lots of interferance issues.

fml.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

English internet sounds good!

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

It isnt, it is very rage worthy, what makes it worse is my wireless 2 meg connection from orange back at home has caused me less problems =(.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN GIBBZ.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »