Forum

cl_interp, cl_smooth and cl_smoothtime when rendering a demo

Created 30th September 2012 @ 18:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

fisheye

hello, it’s me again with another movie making related question.

what values should i use when rendering a demo? standard lawena’s (0, 0, 0.01 respectivly) or change it to game’s default (0.1, 1, 0.1 respectivly)? or maybe use the same value the player who recorded had?

Root

starlight

I’d recommend to record POV demos with
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_all "1"
cl_interp_ratio "2"
cl_interp_threadmodeticks "1"
sv_client_max_interp_ratio "0"
sv_client_min_interp_ratio "0"

but STV one’s with cl_interp 0.1

fisheye

record or render? because there is a difference

huhystah

Quoted from fisheye

Quoted from Root

I’d recommend to record POV demos with

Gladdy

But you can both record the demo whilst playing and record the video from the demo.

fisheye

to make it clear: by recording demos i mean playing a match/pcw/mix and typing record demoname in console (or using p-rec). some people use other configs and i don’t know on what cl_interp it was recorded by someone. i personally use cl_interp 0.02 and the rest from cfg by chris.

on the other hand, by rendering demos i mean watching recorded demo (playdemo demoname) and rendering tga sequence (startmovie command). of course it can be done using lawena recording tool. a program which uses chris’ graphical configs but also uses his net commands like cl_interp 0 and so on. and i am asking: should i change those values when RENDERING demos (because i can actually do this, i can’t tell different people to record their demos with particular commands and values) to default TF2 values or leave it like it is (0, 0, 0.01).

and i am asking this question because i heard different opinions and all i want is to have smooth and pretty clip, without any glitches or delayed rocket firing and off-sided hitpoints (like scored headshot on apparently missed shot).

Root

starlight

Quoted from fisheye

render! also you can record with it, but there will be no difference ‘cos etf2l config

Add A Reply Pages: 1