Forum

Furnace Creek (cp_furnace - 3-Point A/D)

Created 12th September 2009 @ 22:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Nineaxis

[TF2M1]

Had an old thread here but it looks like there’s a nice new forum just for maps now.

FURNACE CREEK
cp_furnace_b4
by Nineaxis and Youme

Furnace Creek is a 3-point Attack/Defend Capture Point map (like Gravel Pit). The map is set at sunset, in the desert, where RED is building a parabolic solar array to power a laser.

We’re really interested in making the map work for competitive play, and would love to hear any feedback from the competitive scene on the map. We’re open to suggestions to improve it, so feel free to share your thoughts on it.

Screenshots
http://forums.tf2maps.net/geek/gars/images/1/8/5/cp_furnace_b3_1.jpg
http://forums.tf2maps.net/geek/gars/images/1/8/5/cp_furnace_b3_2.jpg
http://forums.tf2maps.net/geek/gars/images/1/8/5/cp_furnace_b3_3.jpg

Download: TF2Maps.net

Jonni

[FB]

I know and like the map. post working screenshots though!!

Ijantis

they do work lol well for me anyway =)

looks pretty decent in the screenies but seems to be too sniper friendly.

Nineaxis

[TF2M1]

Thanks! Screenshots are working on my end, and they are also at the download link (brings you to a page, not directly to a file).

looks pretty decent in the screenies but seems to be too sniper friendly.

We’ve been pretty careful about sniper sightlines, so they shouldn’t be a problem. If they are, then we’ll look at how we can fix them if you post them.

Comedian

wow, this map looks amazing, love the setting sun look

[is downloading right now]

iQue

keso

Had a look at this map a while ago and it has only improved.

… Except for the fact that the roof on the A point still is too low in my opinion. Should raise it up a bit. :)

But keep up the great work. Looking forward to playing it sometime in the future!

wer

tfortress.no

Love the map, its good that u increased the spawn timers, tho i havent been able to test it in 6v6 yet.
One thing i noticed was that i kept hitting the skybox when i was rocketjumping, i think it was at point b. Could that be raised a little?

Nineaxis

[TF2M1]

One thing i noticed was that i kept hitting the skybox when i was rocketjumping, i think it was at point b. Could that be raised a little?

Sure, I’ll take a look at that right now.

Nineaxis

[TF2M1]

Hey guys, I’m really badly in need of feedback from competitive players, so if you have the chance, could you please play it? Any feedback or demos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nineaxis

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

nineaxis, how about you start a channel on qnet named #furnace-action-badabooom and as maybe FB if they are so kind to lend you a server for a night, invite some players or make the channel public so anyone interested could play, AND start some pickups going all night long baby!

Last edited by mvp.,

Nineaxis

[TF2M1]

Furnace Creek RC is out! After doing some extensive testing in the 6v6 setting, we adjusted the layout, spawn times, and capture times so it plays massively better.

You can grab it here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=5889

* Fixed hole in clipping at blue spawn.
* Adjusted certain lights to remove bright areas of red colour.
* Removed a few more vis problems.
* Fixed various playerclipping issues
* Restructured tunnels from A to C and from B to C into one three way tunnel connecting all points.
* Minor detailing tweaks.
* Adjusted spawn and capture times.

Look good on the screenies, gonna run through it later.

Largos^

PRO

Requesting a 1-day cup on this. See if it works as a stopwatch map.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Largos^

Requesting a 1-day cup on this. See if it works as a stopwatch map.

Monday Night Madness please :)

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

It would be interesting to get another AvD map some exposure, but I’m not sure how practical it would be to do a one night cup on it. We’d either need to lower the number of teams in it or run it over at least two nights to compensate for the high chance of games taking longer than 30 minutes.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »