Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 71 72 73 ... 109 Next »

Just played week 1 of AFS. I’m at home with my crappy laptop, but armed with an FPS config, badlands runs smoothly. Obscure however, turned out to be near unplayable, with 20 FPS as soon as an enemy scout enters the screen …

Waebi

‹Con›

same tbf, whenever I enter the server on both r5 or final, fps goes down to 5 and the sound loops, almost cant join a team, just have to hit enter, enter, and a number and wait a minute, then I’m in.

Last edited by Waebi,

JackieBoy

LTG.

Yup, me too. I have some FPS issues on obscure too.

byte

Funny, not many as i expected then ^_^

Please be specific where and note it down will take a look whenever, however it averages fine for 90% of the peeps who have downloaded it i think.

So would be nice to know what specs u guys have.

Cheers

Byte

Hunt3r

LAME

when the server changes to obscure, you see the whole map in the distance (from the outside). there i have a massive fps drop (down to 10-20). It lags like crazy!
So you should change the spec start point or however that is called. like in badlands you see the midpoint or 2nd and so on. That way the whole map doesnt have to be rendered, but just one point. That would be an improvement to stop those massive fps drop when you join a team at th beginning…
and also the whole map just eats those frames… it doesnt lag and runs still fine, but it just isnt as good as granlands…
I noticed that the waterfalls and stuff just take more fps in the middle… Maybe i is some nice and good lookin stuff, but you barely notice it in the midfight and is imo not that necessary… and does it fit the theme? i dont see a reason why there should be a random waterfall in the landscape…
if necessary i’ll add some screenshots to show what i mean…

Last edited by Hunt3r,

Waebi

‹Con›

basically the game freezes, sound loops and is very slow until the team has been selected for me.
Go 7900 GTX & T2500
edit: basically what he said above me, just cba to write that much. Thanks love :D
also, loved the waterfall, whole team was like “oh ye, really there is one!” :D

Last edited by Waebi,

nobody has this map. stop releasing so many.

that is all.

byte

Quoted from Shintaz

nobody has this map. stop releasing so many.

that is all.

Less troll please, something useful would be nice patrick. If you read prior posts it says i wouldn’t be releasing anymore? after rc5.

Either say something useful or don’t say anything at all dude, i know you’re young n all but not necessary ^_^

Cheers

Byte

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from byte

Funny, not many as i expected then ^_^

Please be specific where and note it down will take a look whenever, however it averages fine for 90% of the peeps who have downloaded it i think.

So would be nice to know what specs u guys have.

Cheers

Byte

Well, when it shows the whole map from outside of it is not exactly wise in terms of FPS.

Tikcus

played 5 pcw’s on _final in last few days, all good fun

no FPS issues, or at least no one in my team has any FPS issues, and no one complained in chat about any FPS issues

no issues of any kind relating to the map, it plays well, and allows good countering opportunities

Last edited by Tikcus,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Left side on 2nd is exactly what the map needed, well done. No fps issues for me, but I know some people have (Suni didn’t call it fps lag, but some other kind of lag).

Del

Yeah. When you create server with obscure in offline mode, you see cp3 and fps ok. But when obscure changed on online server, you see the whole map, and massive fps drop.

P.S. Byte, download my archive, ffs >:(

byte

LOL!! sorry m8 i forgot will download it asap tonight and inform Mr Larky :P

Cheers

Byte

shifty

Sir

Good work :)

nice map! great job Byte!

I didn’t get any fps drops or anything similar to that. Also one question? did someone help you with this map who is also playing scout? Because as a scout, this map is heaven(I think so). There are just so many ways ya can go and take out medic and stuff…great map!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 71 72 73 ... 109 Next »