Forum

*Poll* S7 HL Which maps do you like/dislike and want to see in the season?

Created 7th April 2014 @ 16:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

Popcorp

Quoted from Tseini

Popcorps fixed version of cp_steel and koth_arctic.

Even though i don’t play next season, i wanna see arctic B)

that’s more like mapping training for me, might make a map if not too lazy :p

Jaakarhu

Quoted from Tseini

Popcorps fixed version of cp_steel and koth_arctic.

Even though i don’t play next season, i wanna see arctic B)

yep same here. i have heard some great feedback from it in ugc so im really curious about playing it in comp other then lobbys.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

cp_steel didn’t need to be fixed

Steel is a poorly designed map that adds nothing to competitive TF2 and is in the same tier and competitive cp_orange.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from .

Steel is a poorly designed map that adds nothing to competitive TF2 and is in the same tier and competitive cp_orange.

D’aww, is it too hard for you?

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Steel fixes aren’t exactly fixes. Apart from adding a couple of blockbullets and wall smoothing there’s very little that needs to be done to Steel.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from .

It’s one of the better maps in HL.

Clark

SDCK!

Just don’t add any more custom maps, there are many wonderful stock maps that just need some adjustments to be applicable for competitive mode. Gravelpit is one shining example – fix respawn times, make captimes on A and B faster, and perhaps narrow down the general scale so snipers and some other classes wouldn’t have such an edge.

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Clark

Just don’t add any more custom maps, there are many wonderful stock maps that just need some adjustments to be applicable for competitive mode. Gravelpit is one shining example – fix respawn times, make captimes on A and B faster, and perhaps narrow down the general scale so snipers and some other classes wouldn’t have such an edge.

Scaling maps, with props in it, down? Someone’s never used Hammer, I see. :)

Last edited by Leftism,

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Leftism

[…]

Scaling maps, with props in it, down? Someone’s never used Hammer, I see. :)

I don’t even know what Hammer is :D

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Clark

[…]

I don’t even know what Hammer is :D

Haha! :D

Scaling down, in theory, can work but the problem is you have props (satellite dishes, cap point bases, etc) which are a fixed size. And don’t get my started on the annoyance that are displacements (rough surfaces in TF2). :(

Munky

AEUGH

Coalplant (UGC S12, WP S12), Ashville (UGC S13+S11+S8+S6+S5, WP S10) and Croissant (UGC S9+S7, WP S13+S12+S10) are all maps that have had a good amount of play and proven themselves. They aren’t necessarily better than their counterparts (Croissant> Process in my personal opinion) but they are balanced and suitable for competitive play. Certainly maps that should be considered especially as they are game modes that are more forgiving for newer maps.

I would have loved to see Ashville/Coalplant, Croissant and Glassworks as the three maps in the Experimental Cup.

.zero

-chess-

Quoted from Munky

Coalplant (UGC S12, WP S12), Ashville (UGC S13+S11+S8+S6+S5, WP S10) and Croissant (UGC S9+S7, WP S13+S12+S10) are all maps that have had a good amount of play and proven themselves. They aren’t necessarily better than their counterparts (Croissant> Process in my personal opinion) but they are balanced and suitable for competitive play. Certainly maps that should be considered especially as they are game modes that are more forgiving for newer maps.

I would have loved to see Ashville/Coalplant, Croissant and Glassworks as the three maps in the Experimental Cup.

If they have proven theirself, why should they still be in the experimental cup?

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from .zero

[…]

If they have proven theirself, why should they still be in the experimental cup?

Because with highlander half of it is getting people used to the maps and half of ETF2L hasn’t touched them.

Swedish Santa

Whatever you do, please remove cp_spycicle from the maplist.

Jokes aside – I really enjoyed playing CP_Sunshine on Highlander and the LATEST unofficial version of cp_freight, i which you can walk UNDERNEATH the trains in the last point.

Otherwise, I do NOT want to see steel and I would also see the overplayed and utterly boring map koth_lakeside being replaced with koth_ashville/coalplant

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »