Forum

*Poll* S7 HL Which maps do you like/dislike and want to see in the season?

Created 7th April 2014 @ 16:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

We just need tc_hydro so everybody will be happy

4hp

Foundry (really fun map that no one seems to like for apparently no reason)
Sub in Edifice for Gravelpit (Edifice is basically gpit done right)
Ashville > Coalplant
Waste could be nice, we need more KOTH
Snakewater deserves a try. I’m so tired of process HL, everything in that map favours 6s classes and sniper so hard

Mista

Definitely would need to see 1 or 2 fresh maps. Getting bored of always the same map pool every season.

Would also love to see process removed and not replaced by another 5CP map (especially not aidsnary, maybe follower if it has to be a 5cp). Koth-wise, other than lakeside and viaduct, the only koth maps I can remember of are unfortunately coalplant and arctic which are both carcinogenic.

I remember having loved pl waste in the past. Maybe a HL cup (other than HLNC) to help testing some maps if there’s time?

jakeowaty

Quoted from Mista

Definitely would need to see 1 or 2 fresh maps. Getting bored of always the same map pool every season.

I disagree. Let’s make it like this:
Week 1: pl_badwater
Week 2: pl_badwater
Week 3: pl_badwater
Week 4: pl_badwater
Week 5: pl_badwater
Week 6: pl_badwater
Week 7: cp_freight_final

4hp

Aren’t you guys tired of badwater yet? If there’s a badwater and anything else open in TF2Center, I’ll go for the anything else. It’s a good map but overplayed to the point where I don’t care about it any more

jakeowaty

But badwater is love, badwater is life.

Munky

AEUGH

There aren’t many viable choices for new maps.

For payload there is Swiftwater. About 2/3 seasons back it was the stronger map but since Barnblitz got updated there is a gap in terms of quality. So switching doesn’t really make sense.

For KOTH there is Coalplant. It is a solid map which has been played in both UGC and Wireplay. Though it is weaker map than both Viaduct and Lakeside.

For 5cp there is Croissant. Well honestly there are a bunch of maps that could be played as peoples expectations for 5cp are so low. Croissant is the only one that I would rate above the current two and it has been played recently in Wireplay. I really like the map.

Borneo isn’t ready. Arctic is broken and uninspiring. Warmerfront is nowhere near ready. Granary has a shitty mid and a horrible last for highlander. I can’t even remember what Foundry is like to play.

So maybe throw in Croissant+ Coalplant and replace Gravelpit for a season. Or replace Process with Croissant. I can’t see many other viable options than that though.

Last edited by Munky,

4hp

I would take swiftwater over barnblitz any day of the week

Carlos Kaiser

Sorry for not including maps like pl_waste and cp_edifice in the poll, including them would pretty much mean that i should include every single official map and every single custom map that was ever played (have a look at the UGC maplist for the earlier seasons), the poll would simply become a clusterfuck. Though more feedback about maps that aren’t in the poll would be nice.

damneasy

badwater is shit, pls why hasnt there been any other pl maps that arent retarded lol

Carlos Kaiser

If the ETF2L map pool was based entirely on the results of this poll, the maplist would be exactly the same as this season, save for Swiftwater instead of Gravelpit (2% difference).

Ignis

SVIFT

i kinda wanna tryout snakewater.mid might be a little small for 18 players tho

Mista

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

Sorry for not including maps like pl_waste and cp_edifice in the poll, including them would pretty much mean that i should include every single official map and every single custom map that was ever played (have a look at the UGC maplist for the earlier seasons), the poll would simply become a clusterfuck. Though more feedback about maps that aren’t in the poll would be nice.

pl_waste v2 has already been played officially in etf2l (during 1st hl nations cup, after having been tested and approved beforehand in an experimental cup), unlike most of the maps you selected in this poll.
idk though if there’s time this year for hl experimental cups

Jaakarhu

Quoted from 4hp

I would take swiftwater over barnblitz any day of the week

Gotta agree on the barnblitz. too many chockes, easy to get stuck and not much open space but swifty is ok i guess.

Popcorp

Ironically, a maps with BAD in it are symbols of both gamemodes of Competitive, Badwater in HL and Badlands in 6v6, both are played each season because those maps are the most popular, removing Badwater for 1 season? ok remove Badlands for 1 season of 6v6 then.

People say, Granary last hard to push, well please, every last point in 5CP HL is hard to push, just every last point…Foundry and Croissant/Warmerfront should replace Gullywash and Process, both Croissant and Foundry could be good in HL

Viaduct is a cancer, needs to be replaced with Arctic or Coalplant/Ashville

Keep Badwater, don’t know about Barnblitz, Swiftwater would be cool instead imo

Now about Unlocks

Unban Cleaner’s Carbine, it got nerfed…
Also Holiday punch, it’s not a broken weapon, i want a reason why it got banned, yes you can force enemies to Laugh if they are Ubered and you Kritz Holiday punch them, but chances of that happening are very low.
Give 1 night cup for Pocket Pistol, Short circuit, Diamondback, Phlog

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »