Forum

LF Map editor!

Created 3rd December 2013 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Muerte

elev8

Hey guys.

So it’s that wintery time of year again. I run an active EU orange_x 24/7 server and I thought it would be pretty sweet to add a few tweaks to suit the time of year.

Will happily provide TF2 items (maybe a couple keys or something) to someone that could do a few things, including stuff like adding snow, changing the skybox and lighting so it’s looks like it’s nighttime, throwing in a random christmas tree or something and other random bits and pieces. :3

So yahh. Basically just looking for some ‘basic’ (? – assuming it’s basic since theres only a few things I’d be looking to get changed/added) editing to be done to a specific map. Hit me up on Steam if you can do it within the next day or so and I’ll provide specifics on what I’m looking for etc.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mza08

<3

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

i’m a map maker/editor.

someone has already made a night/halloween version of orange here
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/177357

as for adding snow etc, orange maps seem to benefit off being very undetailed and low res!..

this is a good xmas orange map > http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/120296

Last edited by SgtGala-vine,

Muerte

elev8

Appreciate the links <3

Problem is, I need my exact version of x3 to be edited with purely the addition of the 'christmassy' stuff – Lareson's version involves gamechanging additions such as various new walls and 'chimneys' within the spire.

If I can't find an editor within the next couple of days, I will likely have to use Lareson's version and just put up with the abuse that'll inevitably be hurled at me by the regulars xD

Valeria

No real map maker would do this, its copyright infringement, unless you got us written permission from the map maker himself it would be a no go for most established mappers, you might be able to get a unknown one to do it though

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Valeria

No real map maker would do this, its copyright infringement, unless you got us written permission from the map maker himself it would be a no go for most established mappers, you might be able to get a unknown one to do it though

The original author of co_orange has no copyright claim since he uses Valve-supplied textures and models.

Valeria

That would not stop you having copy right, all my maps use Valve textures and props, due to it being open source things, the copy right automatically goes to me.

Spike Himself

TC

In most countries when you paint a painting or write a piece of text, you do indeed automatically have the copyright to it. There is no need to request this or to fill in any forms. You are free however to register your work somewhere so as to record proof that you were at that point “in posession” of the work (you don’t register ownership) – in case of disputes, having the earliest proof of having been in posession of a work is enough to render you the “owner” for all legal intents and purposes.

I imagine that in map making, you would own the copyright to the design of your map. The Source SDK terms and conditions mention something along the lines of “feel free to use and distribute so long as you don’t make it a commercial product”, standard kind of stuff. So long as you adhere to Valve’s ToS the map you make is entirely yours.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Valeria

That would not stop you having copy right, all my maps use Valve textures and props, due to it being open source things, the copy right automatically goes to me.

The textures and models are not open source. They are Valve’s intellectual property that they let you use liberally as long as you don’t infringe on Valve’s rights (like monetising their property directly or indirectly.)

Popcorp

ok so lets say you take someone’s map, edit it, add this, remove that, you stole a map basically

what are the consequences? you won’t get VAC banned, you cant write a complain to a police, Valve most likely gonna Ignore

Quoted from Popcorp

what are the consequences? you won’t get VAC banned, you cant write a complain to a police, Valve most likely gonna Ignore

Valve can obviously delete the file from the internet.

damneasy

Quoted from nahka

[…]

Valve can obviously delete the file from the internet.

Why would they even do that, there a tons of maps that are copys with some changes and nobody cares.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from damneasy

[…]

Why would they even do that, there a tons of maps that are copys with some changes and nobody cares.

(that was the joke)

Add A Reply Pages: 1