Forum

pl_barnblitz_pro6

Created 27th July 2013 @ 15:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »

EmilioEstevez

GG

Barnblitz is fun, I like the new changes but I think there should be a set of small stairs from new flank to the upper area.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902129724225649032/DA2B2DA48655844A9EF9D7FCC2FE1CD54D070756/

If there were a small set of stairs there instead of the board, new flank would be a viable route to taking the top area (which it isn’t really now) and the defending team would be more inclined to push out of new flank aggressively if they can get back up top without having to take the long route. Maybe there should be a mesh grating or something there covering up the sniper sightlines from main to encourage teams to be more aggressive pushing out of new flank.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

Barnblitz is fun, I like the new changes but I think there should be a set of small stairs from new flank to the upper area.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902129724225649032/DA2B2DA48655844A9EF9D7FCC2FE1CD54D070756/

If there were a small set of stairs there instead of the board, new flank would be a viable route to taking the top area (which it isn’t really now) and the defending team would be more inclined to push out of new flank aggressively if they can get back up top without having to take the long route. Maybe there should be a mesh grating or something there covering up the sniper sightlines from main to encourage teams to be more aggressive pushing out of new flank.

if others agree this is also very possible – what does everyone think?

unu

Barnblitz is fun.

Of course a demoman thinks so.

jk but I like the staircase suggestion.

Popcorp

I would suggest placing Boxes instead of stairs tbh

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

I think its a good idea to put stairs there. Though they would have to rather steep to fit in that spot. So maybe boxes instead?

EmilioEstevez

GG

They could cut into the upper platform slightly, boxes seem much more awkward for the attacking team imo (a heavy can fight his way up a set of stairs, its much harder to fight your way up a set of boxes, you would have had to cleared the upper area before you attempt to climb).

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

They could cut into the upper platform slightly, boxes seem much more awkward for the attacking team imo (a heavy can fight his way up a set of stairs, its much harder to fight your way up a set of boxes, you would have had to cleared the upper area before you attempt to climb).

Agreed.

Boxes defeat the purpose of having stairs there. It’s to provide access to an area that is difficult to claim/ fight for normally. Boxes completely shutdown a heavy trying to push up for any team that is slightly aware.

I agree with Emilio here. Currently the last push is where literally everything is decided, especially at lower levels.
The big problem is that you can’t take the top or trade ubers there without serious risk of a wipe. If there was a way to enter top from new flank the demo couldn’t hold it all on his own, or he might get caught out. Either get a staircase inside above the med pack (should be easy) or another one from the outside just like the entrance in the front (might need some serious rearranging).

sad-panda

Seems to me people just want to make the map easier and easier. I have always enjoyed barn blitz even before all the changes was made whats wrong with having maps that are hard to take certain points on.

I find payload maps can often be a roll but i find last on bb a challenge to attack and really fun to hold.

I think if teams and players attacked the locker room more it would give the combo holding up top a lot more to worry about

Last edited by sad-panda,

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Buttnose

i like barnblitz

wow

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from sad-panda

Seems to me people just want to make the map easier and easier. I have always enjoyed barn blitz even before all the changes was made whats wrong with having maps that are hard to take certain points on.

t

Barnblitz is imbalanced because whatever you do on defense on 90% map doesn’t seem to matter if you have a decent hold on last which is not at all that difficult, which essentially turns the game into a contest of “who can hold the easiest point of any payload map ever for the longest period”

But the suggestions listed here are decent, of course it all will require some serious playtesting.

unu

Quoted from Linus

[…]

Barnblitz is imbalanced because whatever you do on defense on 90% map doesn’t seem to matter if you have a decent hold on last which is not at all that difficult, which essentially turns the game into a contest of “who can hold the easiest point of any payload map ever for the longest period”.

Sums it up quite well

Asaaj

True but it’s nice that people try to fix that now :)

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Schmuse

I agree with Emilio here. Currently the last push is where literally everything is decided, especially at lower levels.
The big problem is that you can’t take the top or trade ubers there without serious risk of a wipe. If there was a way to enter top from new flank the demo couldn’t hold it all on his own, or he might get caught out. Either get a staircase inside above the med pack (should be easy) or another one from the outside just like the entrance in the front (might need some serious rearranging).

Yes but you could say this for many pl maps. Last on badwater you can defend for a long time and the same goes for upward.
I feel if you add more advantages to the attackers the harder and more impossible it becomes to defend. Just because a every team can’t cap last is good. Separates the good teams from the great teams.

As for adding a stair way to the top level I feel it just gives spies a better chance to stab the medic or for scouts to run up their and force pops. Just feel it might be ‘gimmicky’ to have it there.

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

Yes but you could say this for many pl maps. Last on badwater you can defend for a long time and the same goes for upward.

I would even argue that upward and badwater are other good examples of maps with bad last points that could use some fixing. Barnblitz is even worse though.

I feel if you add more advantages to the attackers the harder and more impossible it becomes to defend. Just because a every team can’t cap last is good. Separates the good teams from the great teams.

Being the team that stalemates for less time on last doesn’t mean you’re “great”. If you’re “great” you’ll get a good time on the points before last and that should matter, too.

Last edited by Schmuse,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »