Quoted from Solid

[…]

depends on how much work it is I think

Last edited by lawn,

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from droso

Would you consider removing the map altogether please?
Erase it.

+1

Tuto

8-)

Bad map, don’t even bother lol

Quoted from Tuto

Bad map, don’t even bother lol

it’s in the map pool regardless of how bad it is (I asked the original creator for the files because I agreed that it’s fucking awful, I dropped uber to an invisible wall so I raged) – better that it’s improved if people insist on playing it, and it’s not like the map couldn’t be made good, design is ok

Last edited by lawn,

Munky

AEUGH

There are barely any decent Payload maps around. Upward and Badwater are good. Swiftwater is okay. That is literally it. If bubble is putting the effort in to turn a bad map into a decent one then you could at least try the map out and offer advice rather than just writing tripe on the thread.

I would just be careful of taking too many props and stuff out and risk losing the ‘soul of the map. If you know what i mean.

droso

o/

Quoted from lawn

[…]

it’s in the map pool regardless of how bad it is (I asked the original creator for the files because I agreed that it’s fucking awful, I dropped uber to an invisible wall so I raged) – better that it’s improved if people insist on playing it, and it’s not like the map couldn’t be made good, design is ok

No, design isn’t good. The map is way too cramped, thus making it a spamfest. There also isn’t any side route you could use to flank the enemy team, litteraly preventing you from ever trying to push without uber. In a nutshell, there isn’t simply enough room for 18 players at once (especially on second and last point ofc)
Don’t even get me started on last point which is utterly awful and way too easy to hold…

Look at badwater and upward. Those are good payload maps, they have huge open aeras which actually allow for some creative plays.

I really wish barnblitz will be removed from the map pool for next season. Swiftwater isn’t great but it would still make a way better replacement.

Last edited by droso,

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

I know it has been mentioned before.

But after a few more games testing it I really feel that a passageway in house on third would be really beneficial to the map. Just giving that extra root to attack and also using part of the map that is rarely used.

Am I the only one who actually likes the map? :(

Popcorp

Quoted from Solid

Am I the only one who actually likes the map? :(

I like this map too

Zimmer

Quoted from Munky

There are barely any decent Payload maps around. Upward and Badwater are good. Swiftwater is okay. That is literally it. If bubble is putting the effort in to turn a bad map into a decent one then you could at least try the map out and offer advice rather than just writing tripe on the thread.

I would just be careful of taking too many props and stuff out and risk losing the ‘soul of the map. If you know what i mean.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from droso

[…]

No, design isn’t good. The map is way too cramped, thus making it a spamfest. There also isn’t any side route you could use to flank the enemy team, litteraly preventing you from ever trying to push without uber. In a nutshell, there isn’t simply enough room for 18 players at once (especially on second and last point ofc)
Don’t even get me started on last point which is utterly awful and way too easy to hold…

last is hardly too cramped, especially now. plenty of ways for people to get players in, plenty of room. it being easy to hold is something that’s being worked on.

as for 2nd.. sure it’s a massive spamfest. don’t think that makes it a bad map though. it sucks if you play scout and can’t really do much without getting creative, but come on.

i enjoy playing barnblitz every time :) go bubble!

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from lawn

[…]
depends on how much work it is I think

for that specific thing all you need is a vis-blockbullets going through the small hole. shouldn’t be too much work

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

for that specific thing all you need is a vis-blockbullets going through the small hole. shouldn’t be too much work

that’d be a ghetto workaround that’d be overall bad for map design

Buttnose

i like barnblitz

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Next »