Forum

cp_gullywash_pro

Created 13th February 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 39 Next »

wer

tfortress.no

there are some dirt textures inside second forward spawn (blu, didnt check red), that clearly shouldnt be there, u also get stuck when u spawn/run into them

eoN^

Upped on my new server :> Will give it a good testin tonight ;)

Arnold

DAKKA

sorry for this guys but the version i uploaded this morning was bugged like wer noticed i’ll have to reupload.

http://files.filefront.com/cp+worselands+rc1azip/;13704041;/fileinfo.html

vlad_drac

xoxo

I hesitate to say what i’m about to say before i have seen it in a game: Looks a teeeeeny bit complicated – i’ve read the earlier comments and they say the same and you seem to have changed it a lot, but i still think it’s a bit “busy”.

You look at your bog standard maps and 1 theme runs through them all – simple layout. This may in some ways make some classes suffer (such as spy and engy), but they are the popular ones and i guess they are for a reason so i’ll base my critique on that.

When you look at say badlands house, you have 4 entrances/exits, there’s a bit of cover over some entrances to divide the map into it’s little areas (ie. choke doorway hidden from balc/mid doorway, visible to side resup doorway which is also hidden from mid/balc etc. etc.) You look at the cp5/1 and it’s like 3 entrances (1 split making 4), you can see almost all of it from any one place, except the stairwells and the hidden entrance is small. The balc is a long corridor, the front door is visible from upper area with short corridors/stairwells leading to different areas. It’s all really basic prefab style rooms is what i’m trying to say (and only 1or2 of them usually), and there aren’t many tight corners, corridors, turns, walls, ramps, roofs and stuff. I spose you could argue that there aren’t that many rooms/corners/walls etc. in this, but it just feels like like there are – which is what i mean by “busy” i spose.

I won’t rant on about all other maps and give similar examples cos that’d be boring (you say it already is? well screw you!)

I just think perhaps there are a few too many “places” on the map for a person to be or go through. Mid->spire has a lot of routes (some going through the base fair enough, but accessible to a scout).. inside the base and toward last point there are a LOTTTTT of places to be in that base.

It sounds like i hate the map, but i think it’s very nice, it’s not too similar to badlands which is nice, it’s got some good area designs that i like the look of, i dig the style, i think it looks like a valve map — except a tad too complicated and busy.

Hope any of this helps, and i hope none of it was unfair or destructive (as opposed to constructive).

[tl;dr version]
Maybe a bit busy cos the popular maps aren’t so busy/complicated. Too many places for a person to be/go?

wer

tfortress.no

played a 6v6 mix on it yesterday, and it worked out pretty well after everyone started to learn the map.
cp 2 and 3 got backcapped a few times, and we found it balancing.

but it was fairly noobish players playing, so i dont know how it would work out with a better team

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

the map is looking very nice :)

Arnold

DAKKA

thanks a lot for the feedback.
Any map will look chaotic the first time you play it, you just need to figure out the best places to stand and hold ground. and it can take a while before you get to that point.

so i suggest giving it some time first and if you still find it too confusing after a while you can suggest more specific changes.

i know you can almost see all entrances on mid but i don’t want to copy badlands and it has worked out so far.

i’m still trying to make it less messy visual wise. but gameplay is still of primary importance.

thanks again :)

N/A

RaWr ::

Go Arnold, only heard good reviews about this map so far. :)

this map roxxxxx!

Arnold

DAKKA

*added a theme to mid point
*added several details
*fixed several bugs
*some more optimisation
*changed some lights

and

NAMECHANGE!

cp_gullywash_rc1

http://www.speedyshare.com/data/322876434/16633309/41735453/cp%20gullywash%20rc1.7z

eoN^

Upping to my server

For anyone wanting to bug test / try it with mates

connect 94.75.238.154:27015; password match

Hope it helps ;)

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

cmon, i wanted to suggest you a name but i forgot it

Largos

I just wanted to post under Nightbox’s epic comment.

(P.S. Why gullywash? A gullywasher is a torrential rainstorm, and your map is sunny. Why not just gully?)

Regardless, it’s one of the best maps in the palytest channel.

.____________.

Arnold, whats with the mapname? :P I feel like slapping you, change it right now :P

alfa

The map is very good ^^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 39 Next »