Add A Reply Pages: 1

Oxidee

iM

Studio : Map Tech

Creator : Oxidee

Game Mod : Control Point

Version : Beta 2

Briefing :

cp_aspiration – it’s a map with 5 cp’s created for competition games.
This is an early version of the map, this is the the reason why it’s not detailed.
Map will be well detailed and optimized closer to release.:)

Download and screenshots:

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/153534

Feedback is welcome and always appreciated.Also i need help in map testings.If there are volunteer teams who would help.Write here :

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CatmanBog/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Forsak3nTF/

Vince

BiG

Let’s see:

I like last. My concerns would be that it might be a bit hard to push and that the distance between 2nd and last might just be a bit too short.

The whole area around 2nd just feels like a mess of corridors, you need to clean that up. And you only have a large and a small door leading into 2nd?

As for mid, Capping the point makes you too vulnerable imo, discouraging players from capping it (like yukon/5gorge). Also, the area seems hard to get an overview of.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

map was pretty good to play besides the obvious bugs with doors and a respawn where you cant switch class.
Middle itself was very different, but maybe you should make it like the gullywash 2nd cap point where you can cap both on top and below. I liked the idea tho as its very different.
Second point needs some work tho, from what i can see there is hardly any position you can properly defend from.
Last point was good but should be a little more open, basically remove the houses near last point.
Try to cut down on some of the corridors, there are quite a lot and they are not really logically lined up.
Could be a very decent map, just needs some work.

Last edited by Exfane,

Mirelin

alus

What I actually liked very much in this map is that there alot of small healtpacks around. That means whenever you get hitted from somebody by playing medic you can take a small healtpack and become full once again.

-Last point is very big and it takes 1,2 seconds to cap it. It should be definetly changed. If you want to leave point as big as it is now, then the cap time should be more, something like 5 or 6 seconds OR Just make the last point smaller, like on cp baddlands or cp granary and take off those fucking walls. Then the cap time can stay the same.

-Middle. You need to do the same thing with it capping like on the gullywash second point. You can cap it by standing on top either bottom. Or you can block it by standing on top either bottom. We got stucked with my team capping middle when there was a scout around. Cuz if we cap it from bottom, our enemyes has advantage versus us and we got disadvantage.

That’s the main things which should be changed. Ofcourse the second point changes should have been made aswell, but I’m not pro at those things and my opinion is that this map is good, but now it should be edited by real masters like a Valve.

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

As you stated in your first post, the map requires a lot more detail and cleaning up to feel more natural and flow easier, there isn’t really any choke points (which is definitely a good thing) and middle fights seem to be very chaotic because of the vast amount of accessible areas.

I found it particularly easy to bee line the enemy demo because his scouts were so spread out, both teams were running a scout left and right which left the demo very vulnerable, once the demo was down I was able (as a scout) to escape relatively easily from the bottom.

One of the things I like most about the map is definitely the middle. It can only be capped with 100% assurance that there is no threat in the area, on numerous occasions we had only a soldier and medic up with what looked like a clear middle, but they didn’t feel safe dropping down to cap because it is so spamable. To me, this made the fight for middle an ongoing battle that sometime wasn’t over after the first 20-30 seconds; strength in numbers is definitely an underlying theme in cp_aspiration.

CP2 seemed a little confusing for me, it was easy to sneak behind opponents and get ‘cheap’ kills and even if I was seen I had access to at least one of the two medium health packs. I know you’ve stated that the map isn’t completed, but you probably need to revise CP2 for the above reasons.

CP1 is a bit squashed together, all the fighting in close combat which will most likely result in the person who is buffed more winning. It isn’t possible to go sniper, which is fine, but I think the limited space needs some work. Too many buildings maybe? It felt a little claustrophobic and rushed.

All in all, I liked the map. I think the medium sized health packs on CP2 are too close together and there are a few unneeded areas. When I first played the map I found the difference between standard doors and spawn doors a little confusing, we also had a couple of issues with people getting stuck on doors. It also needs to be a lot more visually satisfying, in its current form it doesn’t seem to have any personality.

Keep it up, I’ll be sure to keep my eye on this map in the future as it was fun to play.

GeaR

Epsilon

I liked the layout of the middle point and I also enjoyed the fights on it. As soldier I was able to use different tactics.

The area between the middle and the second point seemed a little too short. The connector in this area makes it easy for the enemy scouts to backcap when you’re pushing onto middle. You also can change quite fast between the entrances to second point as an attacker.

The layout of the second point seemed alright to me. Same goes for first point, maybe the distance from second to first cp could be a little longer, but not much :P

PS: The medkits are placed too close to walls.

Last edited by GeaR,

drleånn

Good map in general, think it has some potential.

As Exfane said, middle point is a bit weird, you cant really start capping it until you gain ~+3 man advantage. There’s a few spots in the map where I don’t think you intended for players to be able to reach (like fence on yard onto mid from right side). The ramp from the medium medpack on the floor that goes up to the point is to easy too spam, just lob a few stickies or nades, even rockets and hope for the best

The corridors in general are too narrow, if you see a scout or something, just spam the ceiling to take him down (as a soldier that is).

CP2 is more or less a mess (and maze), the corridors are narrow, theres little or no logic in the map structure around cp2 except for the natural choke point caused by the bugged sliding doors, as in little to no good flanking options, no good place to jump as a soldier if the übers are popped and equal you get the idea.

Didn’t get a lot of solid holds on last point, but as far as I could tell, the house surrounding the cap is obstructing for both defenders and attackers, would be better if the house was more like middle on coldfront/warmfront, or cp2 on yukon

ilike2spin

RLM

2 say midpoint is bad, 1 says midpoint is good. Both for the same reasons :P

basH.

hf

The distance between the first and second point is too small.
If the backcap goes throught the last point is capped in the next 5 seconds
Maybe you should remove the tripplecrate so that the scout cannot jump up and go for last on top.

the second point is small and you can get spammed there from all sides(from 4 sides)

between the second and third point is a labyrinth. There are so many ways you can run throught.

That makes the demo rollout complicated. its running zigzag.

The middle is also kinda weird. you can first start capping when you killed everybody. If you start capping at the beginning you get spammed from the top and íf you do it as a scout a flank is open.

There are many ammo packs .thats very good and should be the same on other maps.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

CP1: the idea is good, lots of ways to flank, even a healthpack in the base, but most of the times there was no need to flank, as the point is too close to CP2, so you rather push for the point straightaway.

CP2: too many coridors and small entrances, like someone said already, its a maze :D
the pros are tho, that you can switch to different attack tactics and flankings, but cp2 is almost impossible to defend.

CP3: something completely different; kill the enemy team and you can start capping, everyone else just gets spammed from top. the fights been fun tho and took several minutes, as most of the times the 2nd wave was coming in and the mid still was undecided.

general things:
enough health and ammo packs, thats good i guess! needs some more playtesting.
some door bugs occured.

Add A Reply Pages: 1