Forum

ctf_turbine_pro_b1

Created 1st January 2011 @ 15:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

eRB

Quoted from ooKami

Always loved so much turbine, nice idea, i hope it will be considered for the new season.

Yeah +1
Looks great.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yes, no more “lets push guys….uh wait…let me get ammo..”.

bon

boliyduo
V.A.C.

MNM! MNM! MNM!

Spike Himself

TC

Played on this map last night, in a bo3 format. Was great fun. Definitely wouldn’t mind seeing this in the map pool.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Esports Heaven will host a cup for this map next Thursday (the 3rd). I’ll try to stimulate people to give some useful feedback in this thread.

Announcement: http://www.esportsheaven.net/?page=news&action=view&news_id=296
Tournament page: http://www.esportsheaven.net/?page=tournament&action=view&tournament_id=495
ETF2L thread on the cup: http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-15419/

Sunbather

maksa

we played it tonight, its really fun, proll go for the cup too :)

MartiNi

SOAS

We did some Israeli ODC in that map. Nice playing in it. Way better then ctf_turbine!
Fit more to competitive.

Mark

Phase

Played it once, seems a lot better than the regular version. I would say that the additional route (“rainbow road”, as it is known in some circles) feels a bit unnecessary with all the other changes/fixes, but hey.

M0re

It’s missing those “jump pads” to get on to big health with medic.

Anathema

Like it, would be even better if they added that little jump bug to get on the large health pack near the intel room.

Sketch

MM

played this last night. tviQ is overpowered on this map and it should be banned.

but good changes to the map are good :D

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Anathema

Like it, would be even better if they added that little jump bug to get on the large health pack near the intel room.

If you’re going to include this, you may as well put in stairs.

M0re

Quoted from Mark

[…]

If you’re going to include this, you may as well put in stairs.

not true, in tight situations when theres spam and such it’s not that easy to make it, of course you can wait behind the corner and wait till you’re full again but that can delay the push (in or out). And you need skill to do it properly in those situations, so why not include it?

Mark

Phase

It’s like the Gravelpit A jump, just seems pointless to me. I never had a problem doing either.

kuma

Played it yesterday in the tf2tv cup, it promotes faster play which is great.

The only “problem” I see is the vents, there are no practical uses to having these at all with the new faster pace of the map. Previously, it was more turtle heavy so you could drop an uber heavy onto their intel room to break the turtle which worked really well. Now, the reward is too small compared to the risk. It takes too long to get through, and since you’re avoiding the enemy team entirely they can just push through much more quickly than before and control mid while backcapping at the same time.

I propose making the route through top shorter than the other routes, by having it link directly from the top of the stairs at mid to the enemy side. Create a room in the middle linking the three entrances (spawn, from mid, above point) and try to balance it so they are all equidistant. That way a scout can spot any shenanigans from relative safety giving the defenders a reasonable time to adjust, though since the route is shorter than the others it is still a high risk, high reward play.

It also enables a different route for a soldier to get to mid quickly from the intel room, if they can rj into the vent exit there.Might add more variety.

Last edited by kuma,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »