cp_snakewater | final1 released!

Created 25th August 2010 @ 15:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 35 36 37 ... 40 Next »

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from juan

the new last respawn is cool bcus it makes it easier to push from last;
but i dont get why the 2 walls on mid arent see through anymore, it will make kitchen pushes and flanks much easier;
the new drop down made it quite useless imo;
the new wall on right side of last is cool cus u can bomb and sit on top of it and do dmg but not fully comit so thats cool;
on 2nd the thing above the mini stairs isnt see through anymore ( i dont get that…);
i think thats pretty much it :) try to make the walls on mid and 2nd see through pls

the wall on 2nd makes it easier to defend since u have the element of surprise (the pushers cant rly see you if your behind the wall, but 1 defender can sit on the balcony thingy where there was dropdown and just call where the attackers are coming from), and its a good change cuz it was rly hard to defend 2nd.

Smyther

X

Making mid walls solid planks makes being in kitchen more viable, which finally adds a 3rd route onto mid, the other 2 are easily camped buy holding on mid. I’ve never ever been part of a a successful push through kitchen, maybe this will change it. Also, it hides kitchen from players up top, diminishing it’s importance a little, which on snake I think is a good thing because at the moment it’s “take top, win mid”, which I don’t think is good. It’s certainly not fun for medic, who becomes completely reliant on his teammates up top to win before he can do much more than faff around grass healing and dodging, waiting for the top fight to conclude the mid without his help.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I like it. S16 pls.

choiie

keso

Currently working with 2. What do you think about this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2447457/New%20Bitmap%20Image%20%283%29.jpg ?

choiie

keso

Check out g6: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_g6.bsp

I changed the fence for a little building, tell me what you think!

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Can you bring back the tree? Or put something else there. The wall is so bare now.

choiie

keso

Quoted from fraac

Can you bring back the tree? Or put something else there. The wall is so bare now.

I could, but I suppose that’s the point.

Smyther

X

g6 won’t load, and looks a little small (~50MB, g5 is at least 90BG). Bad file methinks.

Edit: Hold up, CD key invalid for internet servers. Seems my game’s decided to not work.

Last edited by Smyther,

choiie

keso

Quoted from Smyther

g6 won’t load, and looks a little small (~50MB, g5 is at least 90BG). Bad file methinks.

Edit: Hold up, CD key invalid for internet servers. Seems my game’s decided to not work.

Still borked?

Smyther

X

Works now, my steam had lost connection to VAC or something.

Edit: Ugly clipping where the new building’s support post meets the old hut’s rim.

Edit: Either add wire fencing between the struts below the new bit or let us shoot through it.

Last edited by Smyther,

choiie

keso

Quoted from Smyther

Works now, my steam had lost connection to VAC or something.

Edit: Ugly clipping where the new building’s support post meets the old hut’s rim.

Yep, I’ll sort that if I settle on this structure.

Smyther

X

Must’ve been on tf.tv, but someone said bats are too spam-able and remembering my games as medic on snake, I think I agree. Medic needs to hang just inside that small doorway on bats to be able to duck to avoid spam and not be out in the open on point, miles from an escape route. Pull the 2nd point closer to that edge, or extend the platform out towards the point (like with a makeshift platform + cover?), or something. If you need to rework the entire lobby, as you said, then you need to. Lobby is a pain to push through and once out you’re still uneasily far from the point.

Edit: I like the little extension inside lobby to match the new area on last.

Edit: Being under the new hut makes you /very/ sheltered from the area between 2nd and cheese. Can’t say if this is good or bad, but feels like it’s adding more to attacks from mid than to attacks from last, which we’ve established is the problem here.

Last edited by Smyther,

ondkaja

IKEA

Dunno, I think the tree was very valuable, gameplay-wise. There are not many places you can hide if you want to force an attacking team’s uber on second. Only having to check the hiding spot on the awning and a quick glance on the boxes while pushing second feels a little bit too easy in my opinion. The tree itself maybe wasn’t the best prop because you could hide in the foliage sometimes. Maybe a tall lamp post or something would be a better prop.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The trick with the tree was wearing the Christmas tree hat.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Checked the new version of snakewater and i could say that i like it more than the _final version that we are playing now.The new drop down is great, easy to be covered and easy to go on a quick push by the scouts. Only the mid looks somehow rough, maybe because of the panels on the left and right, just infront of the kitchen area.
I hope that version will be in the s16 pool :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 35 36 37 ... 40 Next »