Forum

cp_snakewater | final1 released!

Created 25th August 2010 @ 15:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 40 Next »

choiie

keso

After a season with the final version in the map pool, what’s the verdict so far? What do you like/dislike with the map, what makes it different from other maps gameplaywise? Any feedback is helpful both for improving the map in the future, and for future map projects!

/chojje

Hat

i’d say overall the latest version is pretty damn good, my only complaint would be the last points; it’s just so easy to turtle (imo) – stick a heavy on top of the point and just have your medic stand way back near the spawn doors, then when the uber comes in the medic just has to run inside with a soldier & the rest of the defence just needs to spread out over the gigantic last point – and when the uber has finished its just a case of converging onto the point

i’ve seen this happen quite a lot in pretty high level play and if I were to speculate on the reason it would be that the distance to the enemy team for the team attacking last is a little too long; uber gets forced so easily so far away that its pretty much wasted a lot of the time and so it allows the defending team to defend last pretty easily; in fact i would say that a majority of the time pushing uber vs no uber is actually pretty terrible when 6 are alive on the defence… especially with a heavy on the point

My suggestion would be to either add a bit of cover in pit for the attacking medic to get a bit more protection to save the uber for longer, or just shorten the entire last point area somewhat

Anyway thats just my opinion

Last edited by Hat,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Got to agree with Hat. It’s one of the few maps where an uber Vs non-uber push at last can still end in miserable defeat.

Happened to us a few times where we lost 4 or 5, watching the playoff the other night with YYT and Broder I saw the same thing happen, suddenly didn’t feel as bad.

Genreally though, really nice map, just that last. Why are lasts so hard to get right?

Spike Himself

TC

I’d agree with Hat on the distance to last being huge. However it’s not so bad if you push from right (ie the left door for the defending team).
Also pushing from left makes for beautiful kritz stickies due to the openness of the area around last :D

One thing that annoys me and I keep getting stuck in is the little gap in the wall around the last point – the one you go through when you’re on the point and want to go left (from defending team’s pov).

I haven’t played this season so I’ve only played snakewater a few times, but it’s really starting to grow on me.

Hat

Quoted from Spike Himself

…However it’s not so bad if you push from right (ie the left door for the defending team)…

That door is stickied 90% of the time meaning you will have to uber through instantly

Netsky

Quoted from Spike Himself

One thing that annoys me and I keep getting stuck in is the little gap in the wall around the last point – the one you go through when you’re on the point and want to go left (from defending team’s pov).

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

When pushing last it happened quite a few times in the snakewater matches I played that the defending team popped their uber about 5-6 seconds after the attacking team because of the long distance.
Maybe the gate on the left (defenders view) could be moved a bit closer to the spawn?
Apart from this minor problem on the last point I had a lot of fun matches on snakewater :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Hat

[…]

That door is stickied 90% of the time meaning you will have to uber through instantly

I have obviously not paid much attention to SuckerTV, but do you hold left or right on last? Figured that if you hold left and the enemy team ubers through the left door you’re going to be equal-ish.. no?

Califax

dyn.

Gotta say it has become my favorite map quiet quickly…

The push to last can be a pickle indeed, but we don’t need everything to be easy do we? There is no such thing as perfection with so many opinions.

I’de say don’t change a thing for at least another 1 or 2 seasons.
People are still developing and finding out new tactics etc…

As said before last is incredibly easy to hold due to the fact you can force the attackers to lose all but 2 seconds of uber before popping yours. Some cover/shortening the distance would probably be the best way to solve it.

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

The last is quite hard to push properly, but then again I haven’t really seen attempts to have a solly bomb in to force them (this being near impossible if the enemy decides to hold with a heavy/engy ofcourse).

I’d say don’t change it, let people get more creative. With its open doorways it is quite easy to get in as a spy, perhaps people should run it more? Same for sniper, fairly open.

It also wouldn’t make sense (or feel right) to only speed up the last point whereas the rest of the map is also fairly slow.

Sketch

MM

This is now my favorite map. I haven’t really seen any issues with last myself. IMO its no more difficult than gran last. And the ubers get popped at the same time as they would on gran. Granted it is harder to bomb a soldier on the medic but that’s where other classes come in keeping soldiers more passive initially and bombing a scout and demo while solly and Med take height position seems to give you the best chance. If you push left or bottom. And pushing right the soldiers can be used like granary.

AnimaL

^ best comment ever

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Hat

i’d say overall the latest version is pretty damn good, my only complaint would be the last points; it’s just so easy to turtle (imo) – stick a heavy on top of the point and just have your medic stand way back near the spawn doors, then when the uber comes in the medic just has to run inside with a soldier & the rest of the defence just needs to spread out over the gigantic last point – and when the uber has finished its just a case of converging onto the point

i’ve seen this happen quite a lot in pretty high level play and if I were to speculate on the reason it would be that the distance to the enemy team for the team attacking last is a little too long; uber gets forced so easily so far away that its pretty much wasted a lot of the time and so it allows the defending team to defend last pretty easily; in fact i would say that a majority of the time pushing uber vs no uber is actually pretty terrible when 6 are alive on the defence… especially with a heavy on the point

My suggestion would be to either add a bit of cover in pit for the attacking medic to get a bit more protection to save the uber for longer, or just shorten the entire last point area somewhat

Anyway thats just my opinion

I was reading this post, thinking this topic was about gullywash somehow; that is quite amazing. I got confused at the “pit” part though xD

I’d say lenghthen/broaden the dropdown path to make it a bit of a “backstairs” area for scouts or roamer to be ninja, or indeed add some cover in pit to create a “sneaky” like gullywash.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from AnimaL

^ best comment ever

Not sure if sarcastic. But will take at face value. Thank-you.

All that matters is the stuff animal xx

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 40 Next »