Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 16 Next »

shank

vs

nway

DIEHARDD

No.

Skyride

DUCS

lets play it tonight. Get some mixes, we don’t need to wait for a one night cup. :)

had a run around on it, seems a bit complex around far right on last, but otherwise pretty cool.

Last edited by Skyride,

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from Skyride

lets play it tonight. Get some mixes, we don’t need to wait for a one night cup. :)

You might as well play the ESH cup instead then:)

Last edited by Warmaster,

Mark

Phase

The spawn timers are fixed now. Reason enough to play it to be honest.

dannye

cb.

nay

Quoted from Mark

+1

Swarley

cool^m

Lets all judge the map before we play a single game on it. Lock this fuckin stupid thread!

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Mark

Agreed

Tikcus

Quoted from Mark

+1

the changes at cp 1 and 2, are different but that does not make it bad, looking forward to playing it

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Monday Night Madness time i think?

flix

n2o

imo…best thing that could happen to freight

Quoted from Mark

+1

(i have played freight_final alot)

Last edited by flix,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

We asked Fishbus to make cp_pro_freight a while ago now and have been working with him on changes, and he’s implemented everything we asked for:

– Fixed/improved spawn times
– Brought back the sloped roofs on middle from _b3 which made middle a lot more vertically fun, especially for soldiers who sometimes felt they had nothing to do on mid but spam
– You can no longer lame defend by hiding in the CP2 forward respawn
– Changed CP1 to make it less easy to turtle and less of a Saving Private Ryan beach scene thing to attack
– Made CP2 easier to recapture due to spawn time and travel time from CP3 forward forward respawn
– There are now 3 routes into CP2 instead of 2 (which was reminiscent of Well’s 2 CP2 entrances before the stair change)
– Minor exploit and bug fixes

We didn’t ask for the CP2 changes, but to be honest, CP2 was already pretty dull/chokepointy, so changes are good imo. Given Fishbus’s renewed attention on it (with a Valve pass too), I think it’ll be fine. The entry/exits to and from CP1 will make a big difference in counter attacking.

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

In case you’re interested, I was just speaking to the man himself about some of the CP2 changes, which make a lot of sense to me.

About the planks which block off the route to CP2:

Fishbus: It’s a breather for defenders coming on to the second point. If I’m attempting to recapture CP2, last thing i want is a tonne of new spawns rolling in that doorway/ramp blindly spamming grenades, rockets etc.

More on recapping CP2:

Fishbus: Same with the new corner through the short doorway, that’s a much better pooling area for them. We break in the door, now we can’t get shot from the medpack bit behind the glass at CP2 or shot directly from above us at the ninja spot. It’s sorta like “well done, you got in the building, here’s a nice safe area to regroup in w/ ur medic relatively safe”.

Also he wanted to clean up play on CP2 overall:

Fishbus: Basically attackers can’t all leg it out that way, so they gotta go towards the defender to get out one ramp, or just head for the corner ramp bit. It’s really just to stop the whole area of people just disappearing/scatterng at all angles, now they have to come from a few places. Plus i got really pissed off at the yakety sax moments of people chasing each other around and around that glass window!

And in general:

Fishbus: All the changes were really thought out, plus I got spawn fixes in and a lot of stuff from the ETF2L feedback notes.

octochris

(0v0)

yay!

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 16 Next »