Forum

Community - we need you!

Created 21st October 2008 @ 20:05

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Netsky

hey fellows, this topic should be clear and simple, just give us your ideas how you would improve ETF2L (season 4?). Put all your thoughts together but stay objective, DO NOT post non-sense, always try to explain why you would change something (or add). Share your thoughts with us!

Netsky

Moose

[MIPC]

I would like to see golden cap round used for gravelpit. Currently it ends as a tie too easily.

And get some prizes for div1 :)

kEvNx

.#mtf

– Div1 Topgame on a LAN :))
– Some Prizes
– New Homepage ?! :D
– Golden Cap for Gravel wouldn’t be silly ;-)

Iller

tGa

– More coverage of Div 1 matches on SourceTV and more reliable information of SourceTV adresses.
Too many matches has been postponed too many times and then relocated to some unknown adress this season.
Also there has been too many matches which never were played and won by walk-over.
Sometimes it feels like the Div 1 teams really don’t want to play and don’t want to be seen.

– There seems to be a need for very clear rules of what to do if one or several players encounter technical problems during a game. Many games have been lost or won due to the other teams technical problems.
Also if such situations occur, there is a great risk that there will be fights among the two competing clans.

– Many teams have dropped this season. Then some imbalance occur between the different divisions.
For example in one divison a team which has lost every game could still stay in that division if enough teams drops.
In another division where no team drops some of the bottom teams will go down one div.
This doesn’t seem completely fair to me.

– I agree with the others about some prices in div 1.

Depch

I think the system works pretty well atm. Only got a few suggestions.

1) No direct promotions (remove the gray/blueish colors from divisions and put them just red/green), then playoffs between all the red column clans from upper div and green clans from lower divs, this would indeed make up for the best divisions in the long run. Atm. stronger teams may drop down to lower divisions than are getting up and there might be some ugly numbers in lower divs due that. :)

2) Also new clans, I wouldn’t put any strong new clans directly to any div, if there are openings just put the new clans to the playoffs playing for the spot in the division ppl are suspecting them to be skillwise, if they won’t qualify, then put them to lower division.

3) Add cp_steel to secondary map pool, as it is an official map and there are even worse maps there to pick.

Oggy

Put maps to certain weeks so week 1 = gran + badlands week2 well + gravelpit .

If people really want this game to grow they need to get more maps into the game, custom maps etc atm it’s just too boring everyone picks whatever and its ghey!

Moose

[MIPC]

Oh gawd, no cp_steel to the pool, please.

And the thing about div1 games and STVs. It’s a bother to try to fix an stv relay for your server because most of us don’t have such a luxury. With the amount of specs most div1 games get it’s impossible to announce the STV to everyone if not using a relay. Some 50+ clients connected directly to the server’s STV is a sure way to make the server lag like hell.

I know I could go ask around if some of the ppl who happen have a dedicated box would be kind enough to run a relay for this and that game but I don’t think it’s really my problem, I don’t need to see the game anyway. I’ve been doing just that for some nations cup games and finals but for a normal league game it’s just not worth the effort.

ThePledge

I think that the leagues should be more balanced in the next season. The two examples I can give that it’s not balanced enough, are in division 2 and in division 3.

In division 2 there is a problem that division 2A is a lot stronger than division 2B which can cause teams to reach division 1 next season without having to beat better teams that were seeded in division 2A this season. I read a part at the beginning of the season that the playoff system is here to make everything more balanced next season, but in my opinion there should be more playoffs available for those division 1 spots next season, because it can make it all more balanced.

The other balance problem is in division 3, where division 3B seems to have more skilled teams than the other divisions 3. I’d like to take my own clan Hadouken as an example. In division 3B, 4 teams have folded so far and I doubt CZetax will play another match in this season, because they can’t do anything against the other teams in this division. With Hadouken, we have played many teams that are high placed in the other divisions 3, and some medium division 2 clans as well. All of those matches ended in favor of us, sometimes with a big point difference. I think it’s no suprise that we feel bad about playing in division 3 again, while other clans in division 3 can make it to the playoffs, or even become division 3 champion, while we have beat them one or maybe two times.

I think that’s my main problem in this season of ETF2L. Furthermore, I think the admins do a great job here and are always available to help you out is there are any problems. I think that has to be mentioned here as well :)

Cheers,
The Pledge

Iller

tGa

Moose, ok it was then a bit unfair of me to blame you for the lack of SourceTV.
But as you say, it seems to be a huge public interest in those matches so this is still an important issue to be resolved I think.
You should get some support with those technical issues.
Otherwise it would be like the elite series in soccer och hockey was played without any public.

I think public matches on the top level is a great way to increase interest in the game and make TF2 bigger.

Edit : The PLedge, I have also heard people complain about that div 3A and div 3D respectively is a lot stronger than the others..
By the way, I agree with you regarding the rules.

shifty

Sir

From an admin himself ;], as ill forget just before i go to work ill spam, get a tf2 public server no crits etc like esl are doing. I wouldve put this in our priv but got work and ill forget as said. ;p

dunc

infs
dp.

Aye, a few things which people have mentioned that I think could improve ETF2L:

Set maps.. hmm. This is a tough one but personally, if there’s some way it could be enforced without taking the secondary map pool maps completely out of the picture, it’d be a much more fair and balanced way of organising the league.

Relays.. as Moose mentioned, I do have a dedicated server where I could happily run a STV relay but I fully agree that this should be the league’s prerogative to organise, not the individual clan leaders. We already have enough on our plate trying to organise numerous PCWs per week as well as trying to find a time where we have our strongest lineups available for ETF2L games without having to fuck about organising STV relays.

Public server.. definitely a good idea. We need more reasonably-skilled, no-crit public servers playing ONLY the “default” maps I mentioned earlier, possibly with the addition of the odd up-and-coming map. It’d be even better if we could get a server mod on there to limit engineers/spies/heavies/snipers to 1 or 2.. but I know from personal experience that maintaining those kinds of mods amidst TF2 updates can be nothing short of a ballache. I don’t mind running such a server if people are actually going to use it, people seem to get decent pings to the Ubersexuals server.

I also agree that some more “strict” guidelines could be put in to place for clans dropping mid-season and new clans entering the league, plus what happens mid-game when players have technical difficulties. I say that purely because it would appear not everyone knows exactly what to do in such situations.

xtala

A public server (without crits/crappy customs) would be great. Mods to limit classes can’t be that hard, there were classlimits on our public dm server as well, and afaik they werent affected by updates.

Netsky

all ideas up to this post, will be copied to the admin forum to discuss, thx for your help

feel free to continue :)

Rele

Put tc_hydro in the secondary mappool :D

Since it’s an official map and I think it would bring some new game experience in competitive gaming.

shifty

Sir

I wouldnt say there is anything wrong with the website tbh, its so user-friendly, too user-friendly when compared to clanbase and ESL. ;p

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »