Forum

which irc client do you use ?

Created 15th April 2010 @ 09:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Squeak

Stop being a mIRC hater Adam, its the way forward!

never! :D

tbh, an IRC client is an IRC client, they all do the same thing. I’m just saying mIRC massively over-complicates it for newbies.

Last edited by Skyride,

void

iNh

irssi in a screen

Quoted from void

irssi in a screen

I have yet to meet a person who would use irssi without a gnu screen.

torden

broder
syster

In the shallowness of getting a prettier client, I opted for trying out xchat2. But I can’t seem to get it to connect to quakenet. It keeps trying to connect with port 9999. dunno if this is the cause of my problems

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from torden

It keeps trying to connect with port 9999. dunno if this is the cause of my problems

0.o

Try editing the the first server in the list to: irc.quakenet.org:6667

torden

broder
syster

ty, that worked. Shame the app is cumbersome to set up, cause once it’s all there, it does feel a lot nicer than mirc.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from void

irssi in a screen

screen is kind of a given

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from torden

ty, that worked. Shame the app is cumbersome to set up, cause once it’s all there, it does feel a lot nicer than mirc.

Aye, that’s just a weird bug you had, I’ve been using it for more than a year and never had that problem (although afaik, I do use it on my laptop on linux). Could be just some daft setting in the default install, I’m going to write a small tutorial on how to use X-Chat since I’ve had about 4 or 5 people ask me for help with it due to this thread. :P

Last edited by Skyride,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Aye, that’s just a weird bug you had, I’ve been using it for more than a year and never had that problem (although afaik, I do use it on my laptop on linux). Could be just some daft setting in the default install, I’m going to write a small tutorial on how to use X-Chat since I’ve had about 4 or 5 people ask me for help with it due to this thread. :P

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/tutorials/pickups/

out of date but covers setup

Quakenet on my web browser.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

another legit A+++ would buy again mIRC buyer here

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Anyone on IRC that isn’t using irssi is just a fake, real men idle like there’s no tomorrow.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Trillian

pukz

Whats irc?

Smyther

X

Pidgin

I use it for everything (email, IM, IRC, etc.) except steam.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6