Forum

Transfer period in League

Created 19th October 2008 @ 22:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1

torden

broder
syster

Some teams are recruiting very high skilled players in mid season. This causes in some cases some very unfair advantages. In principle, if a div1 team folded, one could hire them as long term mercs, just for a month. -Ensuring top placements.

I suggest that we start doing things like the proffesional sports do it, and have transferperiods. Any team member added to the roster mid season will be considered a merc, and will need to be cleared with opposing teams before playing.

kEvNx

.#mtf

#agree

Haunter

u have a point

this may mix up the scores, as we can have a good team A, an ok team B, and a bad team C, so team C plays against B and loses, but then they get some good players, and beat team A :)

that is happening quite often in top divs

Akill

as a rule only allow players to move up divs/transfer to same div teams mid season?

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

Good idea

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

I agree that it does seem unfair that if a top team folds, other Div 1 teams for example can just pick those players up, and stay just as strong.

The idea of a transfer period could be quite cool, but I think it would be important to have some method of “emergency transfers”, as for example in the worst case scenario, two of your team may suddenly have computer issues and you arn’t allowed to permanently appoint someone to your team.

Silan

(Actual Size)

As others have said – theres a good point, but imo the most importen thing is to keep the league and clans alive, and avoide as many foldings (is that a word?) as possible. If a clan suddently needs a few new players but arent allowed, it could result in even more clans dropping in the league then now. No good ideas here, just my 2 cents.

Slick

Epsilon

tbh i think its important to keep it as easy as possible for lower skilled clans to obtain higher skilled players. It will initiate diversity and more same strengh teams. If you do this transfer period…
A. The player concerned will probably think a second time before joining a lower ranked clan as it disables him to play for a certain period.
B. This clans has a harder time surviving all together.

I m against it. I love the idea, but its not a good thing…

Wlv

RaWr ::

I like the concept but I don’t think enforcing transfer periods will be very productive nor do I like the idea of only being able to move up a level.

Take my problem – I was in tlr as medic in div, I leave, there are no div1 teams looking for a medic, what can I do? Play in a lower div for a while..I can’t do this if the above rule was in place, so I’d be clanless, get bored and probably leave tf2..same for the teams who need to recruit due to people leaving for whatever reason..

at the moment you are only allowed to play for two teams per season unless your opponent agree’s..maybe we could have a system where if you leave a team mid season, when you join the next team, you can’t play for 1 or 2 games, obv if the team folded, this doesn’t count

torden

broder
syster

Drail, Silan, Slick, and Wlv have some good points concerning people/clans that may be discouraged from such a transfer solution.
However, on the flip side, the same discouragement may/will happen if rules stay the same, and other clans gets screwed by a clan´s make over.

I would rather, then, try to find an intermediate solution. There are a few ways this could work:

A. Allow for mid-season transfer, but limit it to one or 2 players. Any more than 2 basically means a renewal of the whole clan, and should be avoided.

B. Teams will have to seek permission for transfers, in order to asses the necessity, and if the new recruitment will make a bad impact on the division. (If it will impact teams in the lower/high end of the division, thus preventing advancement, or causing a division drop. -Ref, Haunter´s example.

C. Have a delay period for X amount of matches, ref. Wlv.

There are probably more ways things could work or be combined. But, judging from the divided response on this post so far, it seems clear to me that there is potential for a more deliberate rule than what currently is.

Netsky

I didn’t want to post any comment here but… never mind :)

maybe introduce a transfer period…

let me explain: we play 4 weeks without any team changes, then in mid season you get one week to do your team changes, like in soccer, and you play the following weeks… again without any team changes

maybe a topic should be opened to that date, where each players has to post his team change?

bun

Like some said, what happen if a team loose 2 players the first week but have the possibility to get 2 others players. they loose 4 matches? or they fold? maybe can get exceptions when teams are under than 6 players?

Akill

as a point, has this indicated scenario actually happened? where a div1 team drops and alot of the players merc to one lower div team?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

It could be really annoying on a low div team if 5 div 1 players were to join another div 5 team just as something to do to finish off the season. However, I don’t think its something that can be solved. By not allowing players to almost freely move between teams, you are encouraging more people to leave the game. I allready don’t like the ‘2 teams a season’ rule because you could be a dedicated player, your team folds, you join a new one, they fold and then you are screwed.

I would propose something like:

Player leaves clan 1
Player can join clan 2 after 24 hours
Player leaves clan 2
Player can join clan 3 after 1 week
Player leaves clan 3
Player can join clan 4 after 2/3 weeks
Player leaves clan 4
Player can join clan 5 after current season.

Something like that, but more consideration taken into account on the times and number of clans before the cap.

Add A Reply Pages: 1