Forum

Mid season "hijack rule" changes

Created 29th March 2010 @ 09:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from kaidus

For real, that’s the most retarded forum ban I’ve ever seen.

For ignoring repeated requests not to turn threads into his own battlefield? For ignoring repeated requests not to insult the admin team? And for ignoring the contents of our discussion 6 weeks ago?

It really isn’t. Also, it’s not a first-time ban, hence the extended length.

As for your question Kaidus, I didn’t write that rule – so I have no idea. I’ll let whoever wrote it answer. All I’m aware of is that we do not count a team change unless a player actually competes for that team in the league.

Hugs and kisses xx

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from kaidus

Even though this is none of my business, I must agree.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from kaidus

Can the rest of us have an answer to his perfectly valid points please, or will I get a ban now as well :x.

+1
once again, im not trying to cause trouble but that rule was definetly not written to the way the admins percieve them as.

1.7.3 One team change per competition allowed
A player is allowed to do one team change during a competition. A player changing from a dead team doesn’t count as real change.

Reading that, i agree with wildcards perception.

Last edited by Swifty,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

+1
once again, im not trying to cause trouble but that rule was definetly not written to the way the admins percieve them as. Reading that, i agree with wildcards perception.

The rule is old, and probably should have been corrected a long time ago. The problem with a lot of the old rules is that many of them seemed to have been written in English by a person who does not use English as a first language. I know we corrected a large number of them in January and February when discussing changes and ammendments to existing rules, but that one certainly wasn’t brought up (that I can remember).

If the perception of the rule is different to the intention of a rule – then in any situation, it needs to be looked at in more detail.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from d2m

[…]

The rule is old, and probably should have been corrected a long time ago. The problem with a lot of the old rules is that many of them seemed to have been written in English by a person who does not use English as a first language. I know we corrected a large number of them in January and February when discussing changes and ammendments to existing rules, but that one certainly wasn’t brought up (that I can remember).

If the perception of the rule is different to the intention of a rule – then in any situation, it needs to be looked at in more detail.

agreed :)

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

If I remember rightly, the purpose of the aforementioned ‘team change’ rule, was to stop players from changing teams to play for someone else for 1-2 games (i.e. to help a team who were in am important decider match), and then to switch back to their old team.

Clearly if the rule does not display that message then there is some sort of error here. Since the whole point is to stop the person moonlighting for another team and then returning to their old one. It’s not there to stop someone trialing for a team, getting added to a roster and then leaving before they play an official match.

Edit: To clarify why that point is quite significant, if a player is clanless – a Team Leader is able to add them to his squad through the Team Admin interface. He does not need the player’s permission to do this. Unfortunately this has been abused in the past, i.e. with a certain team last season that added a dozen players to their roster to try and have the biggest team on ETF2L. There needs to be a proper standard set, and that is that the player actually plays a match for that team. I am puzzled as to why this was not made clear in the rules also.

Last edited by d2m,

demsii

EPA

Quoted from WildCard

lol k :) point still stands linking to a forum post and using that to backup a statement that people were informed about an admin decission is silly, unless you expect all players to read every thread on these forums for updates on admins decission. I was under the impression news post were used for that.

And unlike Racio im unable to delete my posts ;)

1.7.3 One team change per competition allowed

A player is allowed to do one team change during a competition. A player changing from a dead team doesn’t count as real change.

No where does it say they have to actually play in there games, it simply states changing teams, which is what they did, and so according to the current rule set is breaking them.

So im pretty sure based on the current rules I’am correct, if it is intended that it only applies to people who do play in games then that should be added at the end of the season ofc.

Even then, procella died and he joined a team for 2 days, which he then left. So he changed from a dead team (doesn’t count as you can read) to a team where he didn’t even played and not to mention he didn’t even play for px2. As for KhaoZ, same story.

So no, you’re not correct.

Also what an admin’s decision based upon one team is, should not matter with the rest of the division as long as we abide to their wishes, which we did. That I came out to give some sort of “statement” in the forum was purely to prevent future whining, which now is still occuring, amazingly enough.

As for Gheedz’s desire to replay the match, erm why? You were told by an admin even before we started that you had to play the game. Now later on claiming you didn’t play serious, you can only blame yourself for that. We have no wish to replay a match just because you feel you have to prove you can perform better. And if it worked like that I’m sure a lot of other clans would like to replay some officials because they feel they “could’ve” performed better.

Now, how many more rounds must we go with this before you get it, exactly? Because then I’ll mentally prepare myself, maybe even get it translated in french if it’s not getting through to you.

I’m getting rather tired of reposting what has been said before in like every post, so I’ll try to refrain myself from posting again in this topic .. unless someone once again proves to be not the brightest star in the sky.

kaidus

WiK?

I wouldn’t take it so personally demourge, I think wildcard’s problem is more to do with the admin’s decision rather than you for following it. Anyone in your situation would take the oppurtunity given, but the admin’s rational is still suspect.

Gheedz

I’ll talk about ForzaEagle case. He’s breaking rules.

Can’t the admin team just stop to put fucked up rules on the rules page and make bypass because “it’s not what it was supposed to mean” ?

If I’m talking with my girlfriend and she ask me if she’s fat. Imagine I answer “you should do some exercise” and seeing his face, I can see she understood “Yes”, I can say “But it wasn’t what it was supposed to mean”, she understand “Yes”.

It’s nothing to do with this rule, but it show that if you want to put rules, put it correctly and not some “it’s a approximative rule, you have to understand what it’s supposed to mean because we’ll not punish for it if a team is breaking it” rule. Because when you don’t want to be fucked by rules, you stick to them.

So please, do a massive update rule, clarify all of them which needs it, before the next season.

Norris

Your Girlfriend?LIES! Post pics if you get her into the discussion. at least something to talk about:>D

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Gheedz

If I’m talking with my girlfriend and she ask me if she’s fat. Imagine I answer “you should do some exercise” and seeing his face.

Gheedz

Nice humour.

I still have a doubt on his/her sex, but she/he looks like a girl ! :p

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

A quick search shows 165+ people have been in 3 unique teams this season. In the interests of showing you how common it is, and why the majority of them have not intentionally tried to break any rules – here is a big list:

Note: These are team changes since 8th Feb, not checked, some team changes may be to teams not in Season 7.

$Udd£n
^hoov3r
_Niles
Adriakus
AI
algiosh4
-ANG3L-
Antarticazzz
apple
Ashnazg
AsQyl
at0m1c
atL
Axik
BaTTLe^
beNa
benisimax
Bonk
Boogster
bRoWN
brutallus
bunfi
caneD
Cannabiss
CapitainCrazy
Chris
Cizeer
cold
comanD0
Crabik
Crazy_Girla
Cyber
d3S
dajackal
DeBiL
Dem
Digiwill
DirKraft
Dmitry
DoDoCat
Doni
Dr Justice
Dr.Kiler
Dranzer
Drigger
druv
Dyna
ED
empty
ep!c h!t
Ep1demic
exeL
F1@sh
fantast
Firegun
Flax
ForzaEagle
funmetal
-g@mer-
Gangstar
Genmix
gjk
hao
Hat
hatE
Higgs
Hofven
HotDog
HullabaLoo
insaneR
Isbit
ismo
Jakle
jefflol
Jesta
Johhny
Jukebox
Junde
kala
Kenny
Kn.
kobzon
Krono
kwint
L1nk!
Legacy
leomotors
Leonard McCoy
LuckyLuke
Lukas
MarveL
Masther
matOo
mAtu
MOO
msh
mutilate
n0va
Nex
Niksen
NoUnOuRs-
nyck0
Open
Ottoo
PB AKA MAD
PeReGaR4eG
peW
phy
pie
Pr3m1um
Pramogauk
Pred
PrisoneR
qummer
qvak
Raiden299
Razzle
returNNNN
Richi106
RiViNG
robo
Rodef
Romario!
RoonY
rvcr
RyconE
RzR
Saro
sc0pe
Shampoo
ShOckWave
sieppox
simfi
skatcher
skuzi1
Skyride
sLayed
Sm1le^
SneakyFox
SorroW
Sovereign.
spendy
SR
Stairs
Stranger
tay
tazziedude
techtron
Telebear
Terminator
The Demon Barber
TheDentist
TheLvovich
TommehToms
Toy-Boy
tr1cky
trills
WalWer
Warhead
WinD
WonF
X3n0N
Ze.to
Zebbosai
Zmeu

I will be looking through this list in more detail over the weekend and if there are any players that have played for more than two teams this season we will decide what to do from there.

tl;dr – common issue, needs addressing.

Last edited by d2m,

Gheedz

I think majority of teams didn’t even know there is a rule for that, or just don’t make an effort to read it. So no, they didn’t want to break it ;)

Seriously, do an update on the rules page. I know it’s long and boring, but necessary when you want to avoid wasting time with situations like this. It’s rare but I think it’s not in favor of the league.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

I’m glad you understand my point Gheedz :)

I’ve made some notes based on the useful comments from this thread, of which there were a few. I’ll bring them up for discussion with the other admins at the end of the season when we start looking at Season 8 and possible changes.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »