Forum

Recruitment and new teams.

Created 14th March 2010 @ 10:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

When looking at the recruitment section, we can see a lot of Mid- or higher people looking for a team, but not many teams actually looking for a new player. This is ofcourse bad for them (No team), and (imo) bad because when they do find a team we end up with teams with 10+ people on their roster with several of them playing sparsely despite being able and willing to play often. When looking at the people and their classes there are enough to form a new team (or a few new teams, not sure).

This goes especially for people who’ve been looking for a new team for ages. Stop trying to find a new team, contact some people who’ve made a topic with an equal skill level and try to start your own new team. If it doesn’t work, you can go back to trying to find an already existing team. If it does work, you’ve got yourself a new team.

I know starting a new team isn’t exactly easy, but there’s no harm in trying.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Dny

T2P

Cool story bro.

Skyride

DUCS

To be fair, Myself and someone else looked at doing this, but when you actually have a good look, 90% of the people rating themselves mid- are either overrating themselves or think mid- = top div6.

I was very tempted to change mines to mid for exactly that reason, its just silly.

Loco

Mayo

A simple sollution to this issue is:
someone grow some minerals and actually create a team or two.
i mean it’s not like there is not enough talent out there to make shit happen
the issue i see is it’s always the same players leaving teams, or cant stick it out
through a few shit results:
or they lose players start loseing motivation and fuck off and kill the rest of there team off.
the old saying rome was not built in a day springs to mind,
players have no patience or respect the guy trying to form a new clan
try to view your games stv and view the mistakes or actually discuss there ingame issues just keep playing pcw after pcw yet come up with no End product.
“that comes from my own experience running my team! and my own fuckup’s
but the answer to your original post:
players want to be in high teams or just get into a higher clan not maybe help a good organised mid team improve to the next stage by dropping down to assist them get there:
hence why the scene is always going around and around with the same players always back posting for a new team A: i dont like this guy. B someone is a rager.
every team has fkin rage people get frustrated because things dont work out in a match
man you should hear my clan in mumble but the end of that taking a defeat find something positive from it and work on your own floors will probably stand a lof the teams fold in better stead if they looked at things with a more open mind to the whole thing.
“rant over”
and for all you who probably will come here and flame me:
im fine with that i dont claim to be a fukin hero pro medic i just play the game as best i can even if i make continuous cock ups!!!
peace out!! :D

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

We just came to terms with Loco being the worst medic in the northern hemisphere. If you don’t set your expectations too high you simply cannot be disappointed.

Loco

Mayo

this comes from the elitist koeitje,
who can stop mid game to take screen shots:
when shit aint going his way!!!
go figure ……….

Norris

people actually trying to use the recruitment section to play in this league. new teams aren’t going to play.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from Koeitje

We just came to terms with Loco being the worst medic in the northern hemisphere. If you don’t set your expectations too high you simply cannot be disappointed.

heard you take screenshots of flying rockets :D

ambra

most of the players are low but still look for “mid-” (idiotic term), mid or “feel ready for div2” teams.
I’d deliver a bunch of bans here and there just to clean things up… its really gay how unreliable the recruitment section is for people new to the scene who might consider recruiting here.
New teamleaders have basically to look well into the history of anyone making a post in that section and make a decision based on the knowledge of the previous teams and stuff; theres a lot of clanhoppers or guys with “low history” that “feel ready for div2/top div3”

seriously someone should delete a bunch of posts

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Loco

this comes from the elitist koeitje,
who can stop mid game to take screen shots:
when shit aint going his way!!!
go figure ……….

I still love you though!

Anathema

Quoted from ambra

theres a lot of clanhoppers or guys with “low history” that “feel ready for div2/top div3”
seriously someone should delete a bunch of posts

How would you determine which people are overrating themselves, and which are actually capable of playing at this level contrary to what their history suggests?
It’s impossible to know without actually trying the player out.
Maybe a system could be invented to allow teams who have trialled the person to give feedback. A positive/negative rating and an explanation stating the reason. This would require a lot of work though, since for instance screenshots would have to be added to make sure the system isn’t abused.

ambra

you check the history of a player and you see he was in low-tier teams or hopped between 20 teams or was not in a team for multiple seasons: then you notice hes looking for mid and realize he has to be full of shit… of course there might be many degrees of awfulness.
I’m not going to list all the factors that make a player unsuitable for clan play (being good at shooting is little to completely irrelevant, opposed to what most noobs think), but the point is that a NEW leader is supposed to know about all this shit OR go through a period with some asshole completely useless for the growth of a decent clan… big deal!

Obviously there’s also people overrating themselves, but take a look at the mid+ section for instance. Plenty of people (who don’t overrate themselves) to start at least 1 team. Grab some people who from SHIFTPlay and Neutronics, grab 2 or 3 from the recruitment section and you have another team (obviously not as simple as that).

Loco put it a lot less eloquently than I did, but we’re saying the same thing. Grow some balls and try it.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

flushy

P.O.P

i agree with Anathema’s point completely about giving feedback, but then also u have to separate the negative criticism with plain trolling, which ppl (most likely the person looking themselves) cannot tell apart. recruitment posts are for both positive and negative criticism so that a clan looking for a new player knows what they are in for

demsii

EPA

what?

Quoted from Anathema

[…]
How would you determine which people are overrating themselves, and which are actually capable of playing at this level contrary to what their history suggests?
It’s impossible to know without actually trying the player out.
Maybe a system could be invented to allow teams who have trialled the person to give feedback. A positive/negative rating and an explanation stating the reason. This would require a lot of work though, since for instance screenshots would have to be added to make sure the system isn’t abused.

Nice idea, won’t work however.
Because 1) people are generally lazy. 2) “friends” will always support the player in question. 3) most people dont wanna be an asshole and give someone a negative rating, unless you’re called Demourge.

Last edited by demsii,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »