Forum

Default dates

Created 2nd March 2010 @ 12:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

bertoman

BLLB

Snowie, we’ve had to take default dates on around 3 of our 4 weeks so far, and haven’t played them yet due to roster and connection issues. It may seem stupid, but maybe there could be some option to turn on which ment other teams saw on the match page that you are having roster issues and every game maybe moves a week later? Until the option is turned off and the issue is resolved…

Just an idea.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Too many teams want to play at like 20:00 CET or even earlier, which is okay on a sunday, but not on a weekday.

I don’t want to be rude but if you want to play in a league that uses CET you should adjust to the timezone of that league instead of forcing your opponent to play the game really early.

This often results in a default date because teams find it hard to agree on a date.

Haven’t had that many problems this season, but it’s just a general thing i’ve noticed in other seasons or other leagues.

Last edited by Warmaster,

RUJa

STD

Quoted from Warmaster

Too many teams want to play at like 20:00 CET or even earlier, which is okay on a sunday, but not on a weekday.

I don’t want to be rude but if you want to play in a league that uses CET you should adjust to the timezone of that league instead of forcing your opponent to play the game really early.

This often results in a default date because teams find it hard to agree on a date.

Haven’t had that many problems this season, but it’s just a general thing i’ve noticed in other seasons or other leagues.

I don’t reckon many people think 20:00 CET is “really early” though.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

20:00 CET is a nice time. I’ll take my own team as an example. People who work all day, and need to get up early next morning again to go to work. (Not an unusual schedule i’d say) We usually want to start at 20:00. If we do that, it means we finish, let’s say, 21:15.

If we were to start at 21:00, we would finish an hour later, (22:15). 10 PM is the time alot of people do want to go to bed. So yea, starting at 9 PM is a bit late. We can do it if the opponent insists, but we do not like it.

I also don’t see why starting at 8 PM is early? You probably get home from work at 6 PM the latest and then have dinner. (ok, there are exceptions). So 8 PM should be very feasible.

I understand that there are people like the spanish, who tend to live a bit later, so they’ll want to start their matches later, but that is just a minority.

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

Quoted from Warmaster

Yep, teams wanting to play at 18:00CET (like our next opponents) is just ridiculous. They wouldn’t take a compromise so we left it for the default date to be set.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Think this <20cet games problem is only found in the lower divs? I've never ran into this myself.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

20cet is about the earliest that most British clans can get (7pm local time). I’m always willing to do 20:30cet and sometimes 20cet for Russian and far eastern clans, because I recognise that in order for them to play late, we should be willing to play a little earlier. It does mean we get no warmup though.

Doctor Helicopter in division 6A are +6CET, which I personally think is too far. That’s the same distance from us as an American clan (in the opposite direction of course). I have to say that games featuring Russian clans make up a large number of the default dates I have to assign every week. I don’t want to lose them, but at the same time there has to be a cutoff point somewhere where we just admit that it’s going to be too difficult to keep a particular clan in the league playing regular games.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Well, I get back from uni @ either 19:00 or 20:00 CET and I don’t really feel like playing the minute I come back, so ye, I think it’s early.

21:00 CET just seems a better hour, not only for me but for a lot of (British) clans as well.

Anyway, I was just talking about me and my team but I figure there are plenty of others who feel the same way.

Edit: Going to bed at 10 neus? That’s what I call early:D

Snyyppis

RLM

I usually to go sauna at 20cet so I like to start at 21cet :)

Hi tanky!

Feersum

Royal`
Panda

cts is a british clan warmaster.

/troll :D

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from SnowiE

Clearly this is a problem, so we need your help. For the teams having problems, what is going wrong for you? Is it a lack of communication, are the week dates not clear, are you having problems because of all the competitions you’re playing at once, is it a timing issue, is the site scheduling system too difficult to use?

Some teams just don’t respond to challenges or calendar proposals. It’s really absurd. It gets even worse if they only want to play at times that suit them. I mean, if you want to play at a certain time or day, make sure you take some time to arrange that match. How hard can it be to respond? If a challenge is unanswered for a week or so, just hand out a minor warning. A little cooperation from other teams would make planning a whole lot easier.

But what pisses me off to no end is putting effort to arrange a match during weekdays weeks in advance and then getting a default date on a sunday. 300 default dates in a week is not an excuse that makes me feel any better about it.

Quoted from Warmaster

Edit: Going to bed at 10 neus? That’s what I call early:D

If you want to sleep 8 hours and have to start working at 8:30 it really isn’t that early. That you have some weird living schedule doesn’t mean the whole world does.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from Shabbaman

If you want to sleep 8 hours and have to start working at 8:30 it really isn’t that early. That you have some weird living schedule doesn’t mean the whole world does.

And I have a weird living schedule why? Because I think going to bed at 10 is early? Are you kidding me? Don’t act as if you have got a clue about my life, last time I checked you’re not a part of it.

And fyi, i’m not trying to start a flamewar here, I just hate it when people jump to conclusions.

Johs

FNR!

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

You use 2 hours to get to your job? I mean if you’re up 30 minutes before work start, you’ve slept in 10 hours.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from Johs

You use 2 hours to get to your job? I mean if you’re up 30 minutes before work start, you’ve slept in 10 hours.

A weird living schedule if you ask me.

Quoted from Johs

[…]

Quoted from Warmaster

[…]

And I have a weird living schedule why? Because I think going to bed at 10 is early? Are you kidding me? Don’t act as if you have got a clue about my life, last time I checked you’re not a part of it.

And fyi, i’m not trying to start a flamewar here, I just hate it when people jump to conclusions.

Could both of you just shut up? He’s referring to the fact most people have to get up early for school/job/whatever/need a lot of sleep/wake up slowly and as such can’t play till late. No need to be be a cock when he points that out.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »