Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »

for science

DPA Sec 7 “Right of access to personal data” would not be applicable here. It’s not direct, personally identifiable information.

Also, the problem is that you’re looking for an exception to a rule. That your argument,

Let me see it, I wont do anything with it

Is sort of begging for that exception. Demos/Evidence are generally not given out, I imagine, because there are people there that would publish it, especially if (for instance) the “hack” is not necessarily apparent to an untrained eye. I can see a person, such as yourself, taking it further when being presented with a demo you deem insufficient as evidence. Even if this isn’t the case for you, or a person like you, there are people that would do that and this would undermine the AC team and prevent them doing the job they volunteer their time towards.

Another point, not quite so relevant, is that you seem to think rules that apply to general society (such as dictatorial running being necessarily wrong) apply here. They don’t. It is compeltely within the remit and is the AC teams perogative if they choose to not release demos, they are not directly accountable to you – maybe the community at large maybe. But I think a lot of people here, after the hours of raging debate on the forums each time someone gets banned, accepts that the process as it stands is really the only reasonable one.

While it may annoy you, and those accused, it really is the only reasonable ruleset to have – and it is always better to ensure that rules are applied fairly, consistently and without unguided exception.

Special_K

omfg, not again

DPA is MANDATORY EU LAW

the fact that you don’t even know that one undeniable fact about DPA suggests that you shouldn’t try a rebutal

*edit* how can you say it’s not direct or identifiable? All he would have to do is use the email address he registered with.

Sirrus

Maybe I’m haven’t been made clear so I’ll try and be as concise as I can.

a. Player banned no evidence to support it that I as the CL is able to see.
.i I want to see it simply because I want to know what to look for in regard to my
players in the future.

– quote removed on request –

b. System that cannot be challenged is a system that has already broken down, people are following it blindly without question add to the problem rather than resolving it.

c. Baseing bans on the evidence of a 3 min public demo without collaberating steam id info, means that if someone can be potentially banned inappropriately. Also you are found guilty on one piece of evidence rather than hundreds of game which are available for scrutiny if wished whats the point in requesting demos for offical games if you use publics as evidence?

d. The system mainly revolves around banning low division players, is this because div 1 players are infalable, I’ve seen 1 banned div 1 player over the last 18 months. If they make an amazing shot then its praise is showered upon them a lower div player makes it. There is suspicision.

Special_K

Jarate Kid – I’ll make myself clear as well.

Data Protection Act works both ways. YOU are not allowed the data.

The ONLY person who can be granted access to the data is the guy who is banned. What he does with it after that, is his business.

berg

Quoted from Special_K

The ONLY person who can be granted access to the data is the guy who is banned. What he does with it after that, is his business.

NOT

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from berg

[…]

NOT

Only a couple more months berg!

berg

Quoted from Koeitje

Only a couple more month berg!

im so excited

quad

Quoted from Special_K

Jarate Kid – I’ll make myself clear as well.

Data Protection Act works both ways. YOU are not allowed the data.

then fucking give me it..

Sirrus

Sorry are you seriously bringing European Data Protection Legislation into this?

quad

Well, if that counts, fine with me, gimme it..

Insanity

X(

Quoted from Sirrus

.i I want to see it simply because I want to know what to look for in regard to my players in the future.

how is this relevant in any way?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

My understanding is that bans aren’t, atleast usually, given based on only stv demos. Therefor it is a pov demo which you YOURSELF recorded at some point. Also if you know it’s a 3-minute-long demo from a pub you should know which demo they’re talking about and since that’s all you’re asking for…?

And yes, obviously division 1 players hitting that amazing shot n times in a row is less suspicious than a lower division player hitting the same shot n times in a row.

for science

Special_K,
I will just say I wait with baited breath for the attempt at enforcing Sec 7 in this case. I’d be amazed if someone could argue that the data held by etf2l relating to the demo constitute identifiable data.

Sirrus

Right if everyone is serious about getting hackers out of tf2 then surely its within the best interests of the league to train CL’s how to spot a hackers.

Insanity

X(

Quoted from Sirrus

right if everyone is serious about getting hackers out of tf2 then surely its within the best interests of the league to train CL’s how to spot a hackers.

what do you mean ‘spot hackers’, there’s only a few hackers out there..
+ depends on the hack but some hacks can EASILY be spotted

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »